Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Where do you fit in the M Ownership profile?

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
E92 M3 here so:

"E9x M3: The only way to be respected driving an E9x 3-series, either narcissistic asshats or really nice people drive these. Generally owned by people who like muscle cars but don’t want to be seen in one"

I would say more the petrolhead heads choice of M and people who don't like losing money, and like to say "its the last of the........" all the time. I just think its one of the best M cars made.

M4rkM

Test Pilot
Drives
M4 ZCP
What a load of shite!
I don’t have finance or set eyes on my father since I was 18 lololol

SS13

Test Pilot
Drives
Porsche 930 turbo
What a load of shite!
I don’t have finance or set eyes on my father since I was 18 lololol

I don’t think it was meant to be a catch all type of reference document, just something more general and a bit tongue-in-cheek.

You have to admit though, with the F8x series of Ms came a younger target audience as finance became more attainable (I’m also generalising here, not referring to your individual circumstances).

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
F80's must appeal to deaf people as well, because if they actually knew what they sounded like when they "boosted up" and then come off the throttle straight away at low revs, provoking the car to make a distinct flat farting noise, they would get an NA.

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
2023 G80 M3 Competition X-Drive
I agree with the old man reference on the F90,but would add 'wise' because I pounced when offered thirty one grand off 🤣

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
2023 G80 M3 Competition X-Drive
Did you really get £31k off list, that's awesome, and great negotiating skills.

It was a mad experience, because I am normally crap when I want something (like youI imagine), but I wasn't arsed unless I got the spec at the price I wanted. I had the F80 CP and was happy with it, but couldn't let the deal slip by.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
I don’t think it was meant to be a catch all type of reference document, just something more general and a bit tongue-in-cheek.

You have to admit though, with the F8x series of Ms came a younger target audience as finance became more attainable (I’m also generalising here, not referring to your individual circumstances).

and the G80x younger still by the looks of their advertising.

I'm 44 so I'm not sure if I'm classed as an old person yet or not. The M2 is definitely the "cool car" to have of the modern Ms it seems. I did really like my F83. Thought it sounded great. @boba fett if you think they sound bad, go take B9 RS5 for a drive. You'd hate it! LOL

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
and the G80x younger still by the looks of their advertising.

I'm 44 so I'm not sure if I'm classed as an old person yet or not. The M2 is definitely the "cool car" to have of the modern Ms it seems. I did really like my F83. Thought it sounded great. @boba fett if you think they sound bad, go take B9 RS5 for a drive. You'd hate it! LOL

The NA Audi RS's sound good, especially with a zorst! however oldie, I'm done with Audi RS's for the time being, find them a bit Vanilla to Drive.

Its weird - I really didn't like the sound of my M4 (I even tried and MPE as well) that was just like adding another amplifier to a bad Karaoke singer. It didn't change the vocals just added volume. I didn't get much of a kick out the drive either, but I did like the interior, and they look lovely with all the carbon and wheels.

SS13

Test Pilot
Drives
Porsche 930 turbo
I'm done with Audi RS's for the time
Hey? Has the RS6 gone to pastures new?

I’d have thought it was a perfect winter car and they look and sound brutal.

I’ve had a play in an RS7 but I think the 6 looks far more purposeful.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Hey? Has the RS6 gone to pastures new?

I’d have thought it was a perfect winter car and they look and sound brutal.

I’ve had a play in an RS7 but I think the 6 looks far more purposeful.
Yes mate gone.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
The RS6/7 sound superb but the RS4/RS5 2.9V6 Twin Turbo is a quiet beast. Apart from a wee farty noise between gear changes it's quieter than the F80

Senna11

Racing Driver
F80's must appeal to deaf people as well, because if they actually knew what they sounded like when they "boosted up" and then come off the throttle straight away at low revs, provoking the car to make a distinct flat farting noise, they would get an NA.
Steady on. Loved my F80, superb chassis and the brakes could cope unlike the E9X. Sound was ok and agree the E9X sounds fine but needs mods to bring it out more.