Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Why Car Sound is so Important

Derekh929

Chief Engineer
Drives
F56 JCW & Vintage MTB
Well this video , tells us why the sound of a car makes the difference , between good and great for me, what about others?
But which sounds best to you?
Do you have a video of the sound of your car, if so post it up, cold start always good as well(y)

Last edited:

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
Its weird to think that there will be a generation of cars lovers who will never equate that sort of noise with performance.

Derekh929

Chief Engineer
Drives
F56 JCW & Vintage MTB
Yes they will miss out big time

benno_s550

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Mustang GT & Mini JCW
This is with my old set-up - Roush axle-backs with an h-pipe.

Currently have 3” x-force valved system with a double h-pipe - the Roush set-up was far too raucous for early mornings and track-days so had to get a valved system. No sound-clips of that atm but hopefully soon.

Benno

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Yes they will miss out big time

Fvcking goosebumps or what !! One thing is for sure from that video - Ferrari are the masters and know how to do noise !!

Thanks for posting, made my day that !!

Last edited:

Schmeel

Test Pilot
Drives
997 Hartech
It is kinda crazy when you think about it. This whole current generation of power/drivetrain tech is being rendered obsolete due to emissions regs a shift in attitudes towards climate change.

We already sort of "lost" the manual gearbox a few years ago.

Whilst I am very excited about the new direction of electrifcation and automation in the car world. I am equally as saddened at the loss of the "romance" of driving.

The sounds of matching revs on downshifts, the click clack of a gear selector, those heady electrifying high revs, the smell of fuel and rubber, all mixed together to both escapism from the day to day but also bundles of joy.

One thing I take solace in from all of this. We are here at the end of an era if you will. We get to enjoy in all its ICE glory. Should we choose.

Generations from now. It will be a very very different world.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
It is kinda crazy when you think about it. This whole current generation of power/drivetrain tech is being rendered obsolete due to emissions regs a shift in attitudes towards climate change.

We already sort of "lost" the manual gearbox a few years ago.

Whilst I am very excited about the new direction of electrifcation and automation in the car world. I am equally as saddened at the loss of the "romance" of driving.

The sounds of matching revs on downshifts, the click clack of a gear selector, those heady electrifying high revs, the smell of fuel and rubber, all mixed together to both escapism from the day to day but also bundles of joy.

One thing I take solace in from all of this. We are here at the end of an era if you will. We get to enjoy in all its ICE glory. Should we choose.

Generations from now. It will be a very very different world.

Could be worse...

1614067303392.jpeg

Derekh929

Chief Engineer
Drives
F56 JCW & Vintage MTB
My little humble tunnel run at Folkestone Kent with an F430 with Challenge race headers and an iphone 6! - in real life it sounds so much better !!

Sounds great, but i was waiting for that down shift before the end of the tunnel to finish it off :)

Senna11

Racing Driver

Currently have 3” x-force valved system with a double h-pipe - the Roush set-up was far too raucous for early mornings and track-days so had to get a valved system. No sound-clips of that atm but hopefully soon.

Benno

NASCAR racer!

benno_s550

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Mustang GT & Mini JCW

Benno

So today had long tube headers fitted.......

The dead will be woken !

(But they are variable flappy back boxes so can be a little less raucous as required)

Benno

StuartK

Chief Engineer
In our Clio you can change the speaker sound to a space ship and various different vehicles when accelerating.