Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

XDrive confirmed for an extra £2260 & 0-62 in 3.5s

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
1.jpg

According to pistonheads we can expect the XDrive G8X variants to cost £2260 over their rear wheel drive equivalents. Wonder how this will affect sales.

At this price I personally don’t understand why anyone wouldn’t spec it.

Orders available in the UK from July.

Derekh929

Chief Engineer
Drives
F56 JCW & Vintage MTB
BMW uk estimate 68% M3 sales will be AWD that’s a very high figure , it’s appears the AWD decouples and you can still use the 10 point traction control unlike the M5 in RED mode it’s traction full off I believe, extra 50kg to weigh not as much as I expected , knowing BMW the 0-60 will be 3 sec , but it’s the rolling mid range that most interests me will it lose out to RWD cars on that performance area?

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
BMW uk estimate 68% M3 sales will be AWD that’s a very high figure , it’s appears the AWD decouples and you can still use the 10 point traction control unlike the M5 in RED mode it’s traction full off I believe, extra 50kg to weigh not as much as I expected , knowing BMW the 0-60 will be 3 sec , but it’s the rolling mid range that most interests me will it lose out to RWD cars on that performance area?

Its a good point as the F82 always bests the RS5 in the rolling drag races but not off the line. Also I have to say with MP4SS tyres on my F83, I have struggled to (safely) break traction no matter how hard I try going round bends. The car is immensely planted, much more so than my E92 was on Pilot Super Sports and given the way the reviews are all raving about the grip on the G8x it may not be the essential option that it once seemed.

Having said all that. Better to have the option than not if it doesn't make much difference to the monthlies and you want the additional wet weather performance.