Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Audi RS4 vs BMW M3 Touring - Unexpected results...

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
2023 G80 M3 Competition X-Drive
Without spoiling the video, to me, that offers two cars, which are essentially equally matched in everything they do, so just boils down to which a buyer finds the best/most pretty/deal/spec etc.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
Without spoiling the video, to me, that offers two cars, which are essentially equally matched in everything they do, so just boils down to which a buyer finds the best/most pretty/deal/spec etc.

It just shows what a long way the B9 RS platform has come since launch. Apparently the Performance model is a full 20 seconds faster round the Nurburgring than the 2017 launch model. Audi's issue here is that they're asking big money for what is now quite an old car. Even with the refinements they've made, this platform only had a very marginal update in terms of infotainment and styling. Like-for-like on a factory build, you'd need to be a bit mental or a die-hard Audi zealot to buy one over the M3 Touring.

Last edited:

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
That Gen RS4 is not a nice looking car. Much prefer the previous models.

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
2023 G80 M3 Competition X-Drive
I actually think it’s quite a handsome looking car nothing beats this though:

View attachment 3294

I don’t mind the RS4 either to be fair, it’s the tech lets it down, but the saloons aren’t nice at all - for me has to be RS3 fastback, RS4 Avant and RS6 Avant. The rest they can keep.

Enjoyed my S8, but was always at the petrol station and the overall package didn’t justify how often I was there!

And the 5 is friggin awful too.

Last edited:

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I did like this RS4, it was really good in its day, my mates still got a black one, they feel slow and heavy now.