Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competitions and much more. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Avoid Fast Lane Styling

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
Utter twats.

Bought a spoiler. It cam with VHB tape pre installed. Seemed like a decent fit so I went with it only to discover that one side was lifting off the next day. Refitted three times with fresh tape each time and it still lifted. Obviously not quite right.

Won't accept it back for a refund because it's now been used and is no longer brand new! What utter nonsense. Bought via ebay so It'll be going back but the brass neck on some of these places astounds me.

Paddy1975

Chief Engineer
Drives
BMW 3 Series
They have handled that wrong totally, the problem all companies face is the faceless delivery firms. Have spent nearly 20 years working for massive haulage firms at their main RDC's and the way some of the workers handle freight is moronic, have sacked many people on the grounds of the way they handle freight. I tried to instill the virtue of treat every parcel as though it is yours , you are delivering peoples items and don't know what is inside the box. Gave that all up a few years back and have recently started a family business with my sons selling Bath Bombs, Bath salts and relaxation products, we have look very carefully at who we use for distribution and its none of the big guys. The product can leave the seller in careful stored warehouse and arrive damage. Some of the things i have seen over the years would make your blood boil. At least with Ebay you have some level of protection mate. good luck with the item, keep us informed of the outcome.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I have bought from them before, it is the cheaper end of the market stuff they do, but I have never had an issue, and always use silicone sealant to bond on never trust the tape unless its OEM BMW.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
I got it sorted. Got a replacement that went on fine with VHB tape. I don’t like bonding stuff on as you can’t get it off again without damaging the paint.

BMW use stuff called Betalink. It simply doesn’t come back off but you can also use Tigerseal or Sikaflex which is similar. Problem with all of these is they can only be removed mechanically. No solvent will touch them once cured.