Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

BMW colours you miss (and those you don’t)

EvilDrPorkChop

Test Pilot
Drives
Porsche Cayman
I like Estoril Blue, but it is too common now. It's actually no more common than Black, white or Grey, but it's very distinctive. A friend had his F80 M3 in Hera Mica blue and that was lovely. A dark blue, not unlike Gentian Blue that Porsche do, but stunning in the sun.
I too liked Le Mans blue, and also Avus Blue on the E36s.
I don't understand why BMW sticks with Sapphire black - it's one of the most boring blacks around, always looks a bit dirty, and doesn't sparkle unless it's clean, polished, and a sunny day. Carbon black and Ruby Blac are much more interesting.
I like subtle colours, so will always like Silverstone, but I think the shade used on the E92 was perhaps darker and better?

I agree, Mineral white isn't the best white, and certainly much prefer the Carrara White metallic of my GT4.

I used to love Imola Red on an E46 M3. Probably the only flat paint I would consider.
See I always think the BMW reds are a bit naff.

The Mercedes and Audi reds are much nicer.

Do like a good silver 👌🏻

isleaiw

Test Pilot
Drives
RS4 / Mini
I love the ruby red. I like Audi's Floret silver.

I would never buy one as they show the marks too much but I love Carbon black and Ruby black.

I hated phoenix yellow.

My M5 was Singapore grey which was the least adventurous colour choice ever.... but I wanted it to just blend in.....

And like others I prefer crisp white to off white so much prefer my Audi Glacier white to the equiv BMW metallic white.

Blacktemplar

Pit Crew
Drives
X3 M40i
I think Audi’s Glacier White is one of the best whites out there - Mrs BT had it on an A1 a few years ago, and the metallic flake really made a difference, particularly in strong light. It was almost painfully white when it was clean…

isleaiw

Test Pilot
Drives
RS4 / Mini
I think Audi’s Glacier White is one of the best whites out there - Mrs BT had it on an A1 a few years ago, and the metallic flake really made a difference, particularly in strong light. It was almost painfully white when it was clean…
Its a while since I recall that, but yes, its a very good white.... although now its probably covered in Sahara sand and an off shade of orange or something!