Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

BMW XM Officially Unveiled

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS

What do we think of this then? At only ten grand less than the Lambourghini Urus, who the hell is going to buy this unless, BMW massively discounts it or offers huge support on finance deals? I really don't mind some of the new design cues that BMW is taking. I quite like the split headlights and I like the new 7 series but this is an overpriced, blingy mess to my eyes.

1664358211355.png

1664358224266.png

1664358243714.png

1664358259300.png

Last edited:

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
2023 G80 M3 Competition X-Drive
It's interesting to see where BMW are going, but not in a great way for me.

Designs are going 'boxy' and at first I hated it, but getting more used to it - I think the Q7 was the first of the less curvey I seem to remember, but now I do like their recent models. Land Rover have smashed the SUV market in recent years, with something for everyone in their range. My business partner has recently taken delivery of the LWB new shape Range Rover and it's a nice thing (mid £120k I think), plus you see one of their models on every street it seems.

Where the SUV market has changed is the sheer amount of variables you can buy, with 'range toppers' - M, RS, SVR versions from each and every manufacturer, but then came along the big boys - Lamborghini, Bentley, Aston Martin etc and side by side/like for like, I would no way go for a BMW or Audi, so that's where this sits for me and without super duper deals, I don't think they'll sell that many.

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
E46 M3 Ruby 1 of 6, Audi TTRS Vorsprung
Oh dear, bring back Bangle.

Denso

StuartK

Chief Engineer
I think the problem at this price point is BMW is no longer a prestige brand.

they sort of sit where Ford used to.

Ford now sit with Kia

£145k and I would sooner buy a used luxury motor.

This will depreciate faster than a piano falling off a cliff with a jet pack strapped to the back.