Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competitions and much more. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Car prices - seem to have gone the other way to what everyone thought!!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
When we had impending doom around a year ago, thoughts where that car prices would plummet, however its the opposite for what I can see. I have no idea why this would happen, are people holding onto there cars, Dealers are buying up everything, or has Rishi paid people to much money to sit at home and save !!

Whats your thoughts, I have been looking for a nice F10 M5 Competition (I have given up on an FSE) but they seem few and far between, and have gone up in value.

F80 SM

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Mineral White F80 M3
I've noticed the increase too Boba.

Lack of used stock and something to do with chips for new cars I believe!?

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
2023 G80 M3 Competition X-Drive
Yep, the government have flooded the workforce with money through furlough or BBL and they've nowt to spend it on, so prices on many things have risen.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Yep, the government have flooded the workforce with money through furlough or BBL and they've nowt to spend it on, so prices on many things have risen.
That's my thoughts, and its also turned a lot of them into a lazy bunch of bums that still want to sit at home and get paid. I also get sick of Companies still using COVID as an excuse for very poor service !!

There does seem to be a lack of stock on a lot of things as well.

We will have to feel the consequences to all this sometime no doubt, I expect that's when we see an adjustment in car prices !

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
I keep looking at C7 RS6s at the moment and a few others. Not many for sale at the moment and prices across the board seem to be quite high. Have to say I do really like the F90 M5 and I'm quite surprised at the price point that you can get into one now.

I paid just under £30k for my car last year and it had plummeted but it's gone up a bit again. Im in no hurry to get rid off it. I've done that much stuff to it that the prospect of taking it back to standard is too much hassle to get rid of it! But once a petrolhead, always a petrolhead...

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I keep looking at C7 RS6s at the moment and a few others. Not many for sale at the moment and prices across the board seem to be quite high. Have to say I do really like the F90 M5 and I'm quite surprised at the price point that you can get into one now.

I paid just under £30k for my car last year and it had plummeted but it's gone up a bit again. Im in no hurry to get rid off it. I've done that much stuff to it that the prospect of taking it back to standard is too much hassle to get rid of it! But once a petrolhead, always a petrolhead...

I have been looking at C7 RS6's as well, there is a nice Approved Audi one in Misano Red at reasonable money, but I want a Pan roof. I think they are lovely. Proper monsters.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
I have been looking at C7 RS6's as well, there is a nice Approved Audi one in Misano Red at reasonable money, but I want a Pan roof. I think they are lovely. Proper monsters.

That’s a deal breaker for me as well. Must have Pano roof. List get shorter still

Paddy1975

Chief Engineer
Drives
BMW 3 Series

We never really grow up it's just that our Airfix kits get bigger.

Derekh929

Chief Engineer
Drives
F56 JCW & Vintage MTB
Yes, things are moving in the wrong direction for me, got mine gone last year for good price, but used stuff I had been looking at has had a premium added for sure, so its going to be a waiting game, it was interesting, I spoke to one main dealer, and he said they were not buying in stock at these inflated prices as they were worried they may get stuck with stock that drops in value quick, so not risking it.
So does this tell us supply will be back on next year so prices will start to normalise?

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Yes, things are moving in the wrong direction for me, got mine gone last year for good price, but used stuff I had been looking at has had a premium added for sure, so its going to be a waiting game, it was interesting, I spoke to one main dealer, and he said they were not buying in stock at these inflated prices as they were worried they may get stuck with stock that drops in value quick, so not risking it.
So does this tell us supply will be back on next year so prices will start to normalise?
I hope so, its due for an adjustment. It will be interesting, and I have money burning a hole in my pocket, but I don't want to buy at today's current ( and what I consider to be) over-inflated prices!

Derekh929

Chief Engineer
Drives
F56 JCW & Vintage MTB
I hope so, its due for an adjustment. It will be interesting, and I have money burning a hole in my pocket, but I don't want to buy at today's current ( and what I consider to be) over-inflated prices!
I'm starting to get that summer feeling of a road trip in nice performance car, and not just the JCW, but i may well have to sit tight and play the waiting game, lets hope it pays off, or i will have egg in my face for sure.

Senna11

Racing Driver
Prices are holding firm at present. Not helped by chip shortage for new cars adding to the mix.

Che

Test Pilot
Drives
R8 v10+
I'm trying to get a gen 1 V10+ R8, they have gone up by 5-7k in the last couple of months for a good one. Its crazy!
I took a deposit on my car last month and its being picked up next week. Back in March all was good but now I'm faced with buying a higher mileage, lesser car.
I'm struggling to afford the ones I really want/could have bought in March :mad:

Last edited:

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
2023 G80 M3 Competition X-Drive
I decided to have a go with all the usual culprits and the offers ended up at £14k below what I paid after 20 months and 15,000 miles.

For an M5, that has to be considered good!

Don't get me wrong, that's almost only half the RRP, but no one pays RRP (I hope).

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I'm trying to get a gen 1 V10+ R8, they have gone up by 5-7k in the last couple of months for a good one. Its crazy!
I took a deposit on my car last month and its being picked up next week. Back in March all was good but now I'm faced with buying a higher mileage, lesser car.
I'm struggling to afford the ones I really want/could have bought in March :mad:

A friend of mine is in the same boat as you, sold his RS4 in Jan, then on the look out for the right V10, and they have risen in price as he fannies around !! He has seen dealers put up the prices by £2 to £3k overnight !!