Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Ceramic Coating - Worth it or not ??

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
2023 G80 M3 Competition X-Drive
Was it topped with Exo?

In your opinion what are the gloss levels like?

P.s the bike looks mega. Any more pics?

This is getting a little technical for me now :D

The car has ceramic only and as far as I know, it has no top up, other than retreatment as seen as necessary.

The bike has Graphene only, looks amazing and I would say maintains itself better than ceramic. I would aloso say it is higher gloss, but the main body panels are painted plastic, so does that have an effect?

I have someone do it for me, so can't be more specific than that, but happy to ask him if you need?

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
That last video was a long watch !!

It still looks to me like the Ceramic coats are still the better product. However, bearing in mind my car will never see rain and Strangely I still get enjoyment out of pulling the car out, polishing it, waxing it, looking at it, then putting it away again (especially with a few Beers) for me, I just think it might not be worth it.

I am going to have ago at doing the RRS myself soon, and my choice will be the GT Serum light.

Schmeel

Test Pilot
Drives
997 Hartech
That last video was a long watch !!

It still looks to me like the Ceramic coats are still the better product. However, bearing in mind my car will never see rain and Strangely I still get enjoyment out of pulling the car out, polishing it, waxing it, looking at it, then putting it away again (especially with a few Beers) for me, I just think it might not be worth it.

I am going to have ago at doing the RRS myself soon, and my choice will be the GT Serum light.

That is exactly what I am going for Boba, I found it is cheapest by far on Amazon right now.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I do love a ceramic coat and was interested in Graphene, but as said above, difficult to apply and probably still a little early in use to call it, but I really wanted to test it, so had the bike covered in Graphene. Went the whole hog with plastics, metals, glass etc. The finish is amazing (I wish I took a before photo) and 2,000 miles later it's still as good with no top up.

View attachment 677

That's an awesome bike !