Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Conning Buggers on eBay!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
Since my Maxton front splitter isn't compatible with the standard carbon front splitter that comes on the My R8 V10+, I ordered the standard lip that comes on the other models so that I can fit it. Patiently waited two weeks for it and got a notification whilst at work today that it had been delivered. Only to get home to be greeted by a singular bolt in an padded envelope.

Should have checked the seller's feedback. Seems they have a history of sending out a screw or a nut instead of a spoiler. Arseholes.

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
2023 G80 M3 Competition X-Drive
Since my Maxton front splitter isn't compatible with the standard carbon front splitter that comes on the My R8 V10+, I ordered the standard lip that comes on the other models so that I can fit it. Patiently waited two weeks for it and got a notification whilst at work today that it had been delivered. Only to get home to be greeted by a singular bolt in an padded envelope.

Should have checked the seller's feedback. Seems they have a history of sending out a screw or a nut instead of a spoiler. Arseholes.

You have to blame yourself mate, for not reading that feedback, as every sales channel is a con in the current day and age.

With such feedback, why don't eBay ban them?

Facebook groups with the double first name Nigerian scammers is actually funny, but so constant, it spoils it. John Henry parting out his M3, or Brian Trevor asking you to DM him/her so you can be ripped off.

New dealer prices are eye watering, but for me is the only way to purchase, as the scams are too common and it seems good enough to fool plenty of buyers.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
You have to blame yourself mate, for not reading that feedback, as every sales channel is a con in the current day and age.

With such feedback, why don't eBay ban them?

Facebook groups with the double first name Nigerian scammers is actually funny, but so constant, it spoils it. John Henry parting out his M3, or Brian Trevor asking you to DM him/her so you can be ripped off.

New dealer prices are eye watering, but for me is the only way to purchase, as the scams are too common and it seems good enough to fool plenty of buyers.

The feedback is totally mixed. There's a few instances of the same thing but the rest is all positive, so I didn't really flag it at the time.

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
2023 G80 M3 Competition X-Drive
The feedback is totally mixed. There's a few instances of the same thing but the rest is all positive, so I didn't really flag it at the time.

I wasn't trying to make you feel bad, or responsible mate, it is simply we need to be cautious and research because of scammers in general.

The text offering free money,the emaiIs to click and get something for free etc. I see threads moaining about sellers charging a restocking fee for a return, when it is clearly stated on their website etc.

We're all just too quick to buy and it bites us in the arse.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
There is more scams than genuine sales these days. Especially on facebook. Its a joke what they put the price up as, I mean £9k for an M4 Convertible? Derrrr! but saying that, there must be some Nathans who get caught or they would not continue to do them.

I'm sure it was bought through the distance selling Regs and Paypal, and in short you bought a slide and got a swing, so return it for a refund as its not as described.

Its just the time and back to looking again for the item again that's the inconvenience.

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
E46 M3 Ruby 1 of 6, Audi TTRS Vorsprung
Partner has been there too, bought an iphone as a gift and was sent the box with a stone in it. Paypal eventually compensated but it put me right off ebay and hardly use it at all now. Thankfully i dont do facebook but hear some really bad stories about marketplace from my mates.

Denso

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
E-Bay is a tough one. I think they have run it into the ground. First it was buyer protection and pursuit of getting money back because there is simply no repercussions, to their action, so why not just moan its not as described and get some money refunded.

It was a selling site where sellers seemed to have to buy / refund for good feedback!

Now this, and its like sellers revenge!!

Don't forget some use Ebay as like borrowing something or simply a pay day loan.

Borrowing: as in buy an expensive bike, use it, then 2 months later, say its not as described, ebay will favour the bike to be returned, it gets returned (and the seller has to pay for both postage costs) for a full refund (I've had this and my bike came back in a hell of a state) So in short you have used a bike for 2 months and its cost you nothing! Nice Rolex for your next diving holiday anyone!
Loan: as in sell something hi end you have not got, get paid and then its takes at least 2 weeks for ebay to process a refund, and they might not even pursue the seller for the money! This here has just evolved to provide evidence that something has been sent, so its even harder and longer to dispute.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Well following up to this, I got my refund without and quibble from the seller. Maybe they're not con merchants, maybe just incompetent.