Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

E46 M3 Appreciation picture Post

treble20

Tyre Kicker
Drives
E46 M3 Vert
Had a grey interior in my Silverstone coupe - quite liked it. And it was SMG. Liked that too. So much so I was only interested in SMG when looking for another one. With the 255 upgrade, rev match and inertia fix it's mint. I think so anyway - I know there are plenty that would disagree! (As you say, that's a thread for another day!)

cossie1

Boy Racer
Drives
Nowt
Had a grey interior in my Silverstone coupe - quite liked it. And it was SMG. Liked that too. So much so I was only interested in SMG when looking for another one. With the 255 upgrade, rev match and inertia fix it's mint. I think so anyway - I know there are plenty that would disagree! (As you say, that's a thread for another day!)
Yep I would have another SMG over a manual anyday.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Yep I would have another SMG over a manual anyday.
I tend to agree, I also think its getting to a point, that you can't buy an E46 M3 without one. It was quite unique and as time goes by it will become more and more desirable.

cossie1

Boy Racer
Drives
Nowt
I tend to agree, I also think its getting to a point, that you can't buy an E46 M3 without one. It was quite unique and as time goes by it will become more and more desirable.
I honestly think the SMG makes the E46, don't get me wrong a manual is a great car, but the gearbox does let it down, the SMG just add's a little magic to the experience.

cossie1

Boy Racer
Drives
Nowt
There is not many owners around that have not missed there E46 M3's. They are nice to drive, and its a rare car that looks so right from every angle.
Out of the 50+ cars i've owned, they are probably the best all round car, they do pretty much everything very well.

I would have another, but can't bring myself to pay the prices they are going for at the moment.

ste360

Boy Racer
Drives
n/a
Haven't owned the amount of cars some of you guys have, but it did stand out and do 'pretty much everything'.

Would have another as a weekend summer toy.

Used that one as a daily with no issues though. Except that with living near the coast and it being ungaraged I was beginning to have concerns around corrosion in the near future.