Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competitions and much more. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

For the attention of Jada - Congrats on the new car

jada07515

Tyre Kicker
Drives
BMW e92 M3
Thanks mate much appreciated! Just taken delivery of my 997 gen 1.5 and have to say it’s the best car I’ve ever owned! My last car was ttrs stage 1 and it was a good car but dull as dishwater to drive :/ fast and compliant but no engagement ….didn’t hate it but didn’t love it either

I test drove a few cars and my reviews below - cut and paste job!

So all in all I’ve been having headaches over searching for cars by the minute so today I have been out and test drove a few vehicles

Ideally I am looking for something fun with the possibility of taking the family out of needs be although we do have another car for this

M5 competition has been on my list for a while but I’ve never been in one so this was my first time - the car looks great let’s make no mistake about it, interior to die for and all the tech you’ll ever need

I drove a 19 plate car at Wollaston and was out for a good while in it - coming from various m cars I think I know what I’m taking about lol

Just for the record the sports seat in the new m4 are one of the worst seats I have ever sat in! That centre bit was hard and annoying plus getting out of it was just as uncomfortable lol

All in all it’s a great package…..but in all honesty when I got out it left me a bit cold! For one it’s a very big car and on some b roads I could def feel it’s size no matter what people say about it shrinking around you I didn’t feel it was the case.

I didn’t expect it to drive like a small car but I def felt like I was in a fast saloon tester than a well set up fun sports car - I suppose this is what it was made for and the power was incredible….however no drama/fun or involvement while getting there - day I say to fast for the road!

I can see why people get them as a good all rounder but I’d honestly say a 530/40d would do most the things you would want from a 5 series

Epic car for the right reasons and not so epic for the reasons I’ve noted

Alfa quad - drove one before but again highly impressed by this car with its lightning fast steering it’s a fun car that makes you want to go out more and more, I can see how the longer you would own this car the more you would get connections with it - downside it the reliability but on a 17 plate I’d have though issues were resolved

All in all a great car as we all know

718 cayman - much as expected, fantastic car with the handling to match…can’t say the 4 pop engine bothered me as I was having to much fun driving the thing! The base did feel underpowered at 300bhp but it was real good fun all in all

Now things moved up a level imo

997.1 turbo tip - I’d never drive one before and this car is fantastic, goosebumps while driving with the direct steering and power to match

The tip wasn’t fantastic but I went in with an open mind as I knew it would not be a pdk or dct levels being a 08 plate car

Power delivered in a monstrous way with a bit of a delay when dropping down a gear or two before the turbo lag went and off the road you went with a big smile on your face:)

All in all forget about the dated interior (which bar the infotainment system wasn’t that bad) it’s an epic car with epic status!

There was an issue with the rear spoiler which wasn’t going up with the button press and some tiptronic overload error when I started the car up after leaving it idling for 10 mins - it went after that and didn’t come back? Got me thinking could this tip box be troublesome? The rear spolier could be hydraulics and potentially a 2k bill :/ dealer said he would check the fault codes and look into the spoiler and get back to me but offered me a deal on the car - needless to say I wanted to think about it

I did then find a gen 1.5 car which was also a tip but priced keenly so that’s always an option If I decide to go down that route

On the way back I then drove the 991 s 2013 plate - as expected it looked great and the interior felt fresh and new with mod cons

Initially when started up it let out that great engine note and on the drive the pdk box was night and day to the tip in the 997

Back to back the 997 was obv a lot faster but I wouldn’t say it was slow - that N/A engine along with better tech soon made you feel at one with the car and I was very pleased with the fun factor which the 997 gave me!

I think my mind is now solely between the 997 gen 1.5 (which apparently is a thing owners made up) same as gen 1 but better infotainment and newer interior buttons

In the back of my mind I know the 997 1.5 would be a epic car with prob zero depreciation but could have the potential for some big bills (as could any car) I checked the history and it all stacks up and even spoke to the garage who did all the works and they said it’s a good car which they sold and the owner has had for last 9 years!

So what’s the options 991 S or the 997 turbo!! If the wife had to use the car on the occasion I’m not sure she would like the 997 turbo but she would then just use her car lol

All in all both great cars - but which one! I wouldn’t be going for that 991 but one which was for sale from a forum member with opc warranty

jada07515

Tyre Kicker
Drives
BMW e92 M3

Attachments

• 891F5590-EE6C-4181-AE3E-9C7519269A59.jpeg
    891F5590-EE6C-4181-AE3E-9C7519269A59.jpeg
    212.9 KB · Views: 4
  • E7FF3297-7DF1-4F47-A239-DA03A88F44B0.jpeg
    E7FF3297-7DF1-4F47-A239-DA03A88F44B0.jpeg
    308.2 KB · Views: 4
  • DFE83546-8410-417A-B8CE-AD5BC7C742FA.jpeg
    DFE83546-8410-417A-B8CE-AD5BC7C742FA.jpeg
    324.6 KB · Views: 4
  • F0E4CBD1-3518-44B0-AC22-7F37E22289FA.jpeg
    F0E4CBD1-3518-44B0-AC22-7F37E22289FA.jpeg
    313.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 68BCD204-50C7-4EC2-8176-BEEE2828BE74.jpeg
    68BCD204-50C7-4EC2-8176-BEEE2828BE74.jpeg
    274.2 KB · Views: 4
  • AFBD14B6-3FEA-4EAE-A3F6-EB752DF1D386.jpeg
    AFBD14B6-3FEA-4EAE-A3F6-EB752DF1D386.jpeg
    249.3 KB · Views: 4

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Thanks mate much appreciated! Just taken delivery of my 997 gen 1.5 and have to say it’s the best car I’ve ever owned! My last car was ttrs stage 1 and it was a good car but dull as dishwater to drive :/ fast and compliant but no engagement ….didn’t hate it but didn’t love it either

I test drove a few cars and my reviews below - cut and paste job!

So all in all I’ve been having headaches over searching for cars by the minute so today I have been out and test drove a few vehicles

Ideally I am looking for something fun with the possibility of taking the family out of needs be although we do have another car for this

M5 competition has been on my list for a while but I’ve never been in one so this was my first time - the car looks great let’s make no mistake about it, interior to die for and all the tech you’ll ever need

I drove a 19 plate car at Wollaston and was out for a good while in it - coming from various m cars I think I know what I’m taking about lol

Just for the record the sports seat in the new m4 are one of the worst seats I have ever sat in! That centre bit was hard and annoying plus getting out of it was just as uncomfortable lol

All in all it’s a great package…..but in all honesty when I got out it left me a bit cold! For one it’s a very big car and on some b roads I could def feel it’s size no matter what people say about it shrinking around you I didn’t feel it was the case.

I didn’t expect it to drive like a small car but I def felt like I was in a fast saloon tester than a well set up fun sports car - I suppose this is what it was made for and the power was incredible….however no drama/fun or involvement while getting there - day I say to fast for the road!

I can see why people get them as a good all rounder but I’d honestly say a 530/40d would do most the things you would want from a 5 series

Epic car for the right reasons and not so epic for the reasons I’ve noted

Alfa quad - drove one before but again highly impressed by this car with its lightning fast steering it’s a fun car that makes you want to go out more and more, I can see how the longer you would own this car the more you would get connections with it - downside it the reliability but on a 17 plate I’d have though issues were resolved

All in all a great car as we all know

718 cayman - much as expected, fantastic car with the handling to match…can’t say the 4 pop engine bothered me as I was having to much fun driving the thing! The base did feel underpowered at 300bhp but it was real good fun all in all

Now things moved up a level imo

997.1 turbo tip - I’d never drive one before and this car is fantastic, goosebumps while driving with the direct steering and power to match

The tip wasn’t fantastic but I went in with an open mind as I knew it would not be a pdk or dct levels being a 08 plate car

Power delivered in a monstrous way with a bit of a delay when dropping down a gear or two before the turbo lag went and off the road you went with a big smile on your face:)

All in all forget about the dated interior (which bar the infotainment system wasn’t that bad) it’s an epic car with epic status!

There was an issue with the rear spoiler which wasn’t going up with the button press and some tiptronic overload error when I started the car up after leaving it idling for 10 mins - it went after that and didn’t come back? Got me thinking could this tip box be troublesome? The rear spolier could be hydraulics and potentially a 2k bill :/ dealer said he would check the fault codes and look into the spoiler and get back to me but offered me a deal on the car - needless to say I wanted to think about it

I did then find a gen 1.5 car which was also a tip but priced keenly so that’s always an option If I decide to go down that route

On the way back I then drove the 991 s 2013 plate - as expected it looked great and the interior felt fresh and new with mod cons

Initially when started up it let out that great engine note and on the drive the pdk box was night and day to the tip in the 997

Back to back the 997 was obv a lot faster but I wouldn’t say it was slow - that N/A engine along with better tech soon made you feel at one with the car and I was very pleased with the fun factor which the 997 gave me!

I think my mind is now solely between the 997 gen 1.5 (which apparently is a thing owners made up) same as gen 1 but better infotainment and newer interior buttons

In the back of my mind I know the 997 1.5 would be a epic car with prob zero depreciation but could have the potential for some big bills (as could any car) I checked the history and it all stacks up and even spoke to the garage who did all the works and they said it’s a good car which they sold and the owner has had for last 9 years!

So what’s the options 991 S or the 997 turbo!! If the wife had to use the car on the occasion I’m not sure she would like the 997 turbo but she would then just use her car lol

All in all both great cars - but which one! I wouldn’t be going for that 991 but one which was for sale from a forum member with opc warranty

I enjoyed reading that, thanks. The Turbo is a proper weapon, especially when you tune them. Nothing puts the power down like a 911 Turbo. I think the 997 is the sweet spot and possible the 1.5 being the same for the 997 having the Gen2 trim and Mezger engine. They brought back the looks and its the right size, you just can't get them to sound nice from inside the cabin!

I've got a TT though and find it quite good fun to drive!

jada07515

Tyre Kicker
Drives
BMW e92 M3
I enjoyed reading that, thanks. The Turbo is a proper weapon, especially when you tune them. Nothing puts the power down like a 911 Turbo. I think the 997 is the sweet spot and possible the 1.5 being the same for the 997 having the Gen2 trim and Mezger engine. They brought back the looks and its the right size, you just can't get them to sound nice from inside the cabin!

I've got a TT though and find it quite good fun to drive!
No worries mate it was a hard choice as i had a deposit on this car below - 991 4s as I wanted a s or 4s

overall I felt that this is depreciation free motoring as it’s not done noon miles! It’s in mint condition and last owner for 9 years - plus it seems to have been ceramic coated:)

The car aboves history wasn’t great as it missed a service for 3 years and the gap from first and second one was 2 years but nearly 30,000 miles! - did look nice though

I test drove another 997 turbo in Hinckley but was old interior and the rear spoiler failed so it was a 2k fix :/ I walked away and this came up…after loads of investigation and a call to dove house cars confirmed it was a good one they sold and looked after

I then drove another 991 back to back from the 997 turbo and it’s still a epic car being n/a I felt that I can get in one cheaper as they are only coming down in price

My first mods are steering wheel retrim and going to do the centre console and arm rest refresh in new leather

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
No wrong or right, a 911 is a great car, sometimes to good and to easy to drive fast! having said that a Turbo is a Turbo though ;)

I did my interior with Red belts and the centre console Gloss black. It mad a difference

jada07515

Tyre Kicker
Drives
BMW e92 M3
No wrong or right, a 911 is a great car, sometimes to good and to easy to drive fast! having said that a Turbo is a Turbo though ;)

I did my interior with Red belts and the centre console Gloss black. It mad a difference
Exactly that mate - just figured I can get the turbo then progress into a 991 when the time is right for the right money

who did your interior? The kids love the 911 as well and there is more room in the back than the ttrs!
Everyday super car :) it’s tucked away now till the weekend

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I stripped it out and had my local paint shop do it. The rear sets belts was a proper shit job to do. I also sound proofed the rear arches as well as you get quite a lot of tyre roar come through that area.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
Nice write up @jada07515 and you’re right about the M5. As a father of two young kids it is the perfect do-all machine but it’s a whole different thing from something like a 911, which is why I supplemented it with a TTS. Couldn’t stretch to the cash required to run a 911 and the M5 unfortunately.

Look forward to following this. 👍🏻

jada07515

Tyre Kicker
Drives
BMW e92 M3
So lets start of my journey getting this car back to mint condition! It’s in fantastic condition atm but it will be even better when I’m done!

Had the windows tinted today which makes it look even better and then I gave it a quick clean and treated the leather to see what results I can get with a bit more time and some pears soap

Have to say it looks great! Planned to get a full detail soon and then move onto some other bits - it’s already been ceramic coated so all good there!

Number plate is on the way so that’s next and removal of the holder at the front of the car

15 mm Spacers need to be ordered before it goes off to Dave the trimmer for a overhaul inside with new fresh leather;)

More to come!

Attachments

• BF698E06-8120-4059-A327-B67F36FDEA1C.jpeg
    BF698E06-8120-4059-A327-B67F36FDEA1C.jpeg
    197 KB · Views: 4
  • 0E2C65CA-518D-4CE1-90C5-31AB1AA9ADA8.jpeg
    0E2C65CA-518D-4CE1-90C5-31AB1AA9ADA8.jpeg
    179.6 KB · Views: 2
  • C5893A16-4D6B-453C-A226-08507BF29FA6.jpeg
    C5893A16-4D6B-453C-A226-08507BF29FA6.jpeg
    146.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 45E3F49C-F875-4F35-AA3D-47A8ADBE3894.jpeg