Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

5/6 series I cannot overstate how happy I am with these.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
I'm that pleased, that I'm giving these their own thread.

Been humming and hawing over my wheels on the M5 for ages. After going for the stealth look on the M4 I didn't want to go down the same route on the M5. It came with very nice Competition wheels but 20 inch wheels on a car this size baffles me. Especially when Audi are sticking 22s on their RS6. So I wanted bigger wheels and went for Concaver CVR1s in silver but I'll be honest, I was never 100% happy with them. I liked how big they looked and the design but I just felt that something was missing from the car. With the M5 being much more subtle than it's two competitors (the RS6 and E63) I felt that it was lacking something and having seen a normal black E class with black wheels a couple of weeks ago and thinking how serious it looked I decided to take the plunge and get my wheels refurbed in gloss black.

I had been toying with a black plus diamond cut etc but I though, I can get them, done in gloss and if I'm not happy, I'll get them diamond cut after. I'm so glad I did this. I'm over the moon!

IMG_0605.jpg

IMG_0613.jpgIMG_0619.jpg

IMG_0623.jpg

IMG_0624.jpg

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
E46 M3 Ruby 1 of 6, Audi TTRS Vorsprung
Love that looks mean.

Denso

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
@Senna11 you mentioned painting wheel bolts before I'm sure? I couldnt get the bolts I wanted in black. What did you use?

Senna11

Racing Driver
@Senna11 you mentioned painting wheel bolts before I'm sure? I couldnt get the bolts I wanted in black. What did you use?
Just used Satin black but these were black to start with. Alternatively take them to a powder coater. Local firm to me quoted £50 to shot blast and powder coat a spare steel wheel.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Just used Satin black but these were black to start with. Alternatively take them to a powder coater. Local firm to me quoted £50 to shot blast and powder coat a spare steel wheel.

How did paint not get scratched when you were re-fitting the bolts?