Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

LOL - Any idea's on how you get rid of distinctive odors in a car !!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
So plan A did not work, my Dad would prefer a Prius !! Madness.

So I bought him a nice different Anniversary edition. Trouble is the guys I bought it off used it as a "Chill out" car and it honks of Spliff !! I thought it might be funny at first, with my Dad's partner saying that's nice, what air freshener is that, however, its not the worst smell in the world, but I need it gone !!

So yesterday I emptied 4 pots of Bi-Carp Soda over all the carpets and boot after an internet search, and it now even looks like a drug deal gone badly wrong and still smells like you have just lit up the largest Biffa when you open one of the doors...

Any suggestions guys before I buy some Ozone machine !!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
I had this in my M4. Pretty sure it had been a smokers car.

First thing I did was change the cabin filter. Then I steam cleaned the roof lining.

Both of which made a big difference but what really sorted it was when I used this:

It replaces the odour with a chlorine smell that takes about a week to disappear but it really works.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I had this in my M4. Pretty sure it had been a smokers car.

First thing I did was change the cabin filter. Then I steam cleaned the roof lining.

Both of which made a big difference but what really sorted it was when I used this:

It replaces the odour with a chlorine smell that takes about a week to disappear but it really works.
Cool thanks Just ordered one. Seem to get really good reviews (y)

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I’d definitely change the cabin filter beforehand as well Boba. That’s basically a hive for all the bad smells in the car.

Will do mate. Thanks

I shampooed all the Carpets, boot, seat belts etc and nourished all the leather, its better but still lingering !

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Will do mate. Thanks

I shampooed all the Carpets, boot, seat belts etc and nourished all the leather, its better but still lingering !
The worst places for a smell to live in are the roof lining, cabin filter and the ventilation system pipe work. That Airdox is basically a chlorine vapour. The bleach breaks everything down but the chlorine smell lasts for a good while before it disappears. It’s amazing stuff though.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
The worst places for a smell to live in are the roof lining, cabin filter and the ventilation system pipe work. That Airdox is basically a chlorine vapour. The bleach breaks everything down but the chlorine smell lasts for a good while before it disappears. It’s amazing stuff though.

Just in case, I have bought an Ozone Generator, all reviews seem to be amazing, and its good for the house and shed etc as well....

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Just in case, I have bought an Ozone Generator, all reviews seem to be amazing, and its good for the house and shed etc as well....

You should be well covered then. Let us know what happens. Always been curious about the ozone generators.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
You should be well covered then. Let us know what happens. Always been curious about the ozone generators.
Will do - mine is being delivered today, so it will be going straight into the Ganger growing Pruis, and I will report back. Quite excited about this item !

Paddy1975

Chief Engineer
Drives
BMW 3 Series
Are you sure the smell is not just built into the Prius , as you are never going to go fast enough to kill anything you might as well just chill .........

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Well I am impressed, and it takes a lot to impress me, the smell has gone and the car has been left with a Bleach/Chlorine smell, its quite strong even after airing out the car for an hour, but its dissipating. I also put it in the old BMW 6 series, which like older Merc's gets a unique oldish car smell, and that's gone as well.

A product that has exceeded my expectations by some margin !!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Well I am impressed, and it takes a lot to impress me, the smell has gone and the car has been left with a Bleach/Chlorine smell, its quite strong even after airing out the car for an hour, but its dissipating. I also put it in the old BMW 6 series, which like older Merc's gets a unique oldish car smell, and that's gone as well.

A product that has exceeded my expectations by some margin !!

It took about a week for that smell to fully disappear in my car. It seemed as if I noticed it for ages and then forgot about it but it really did the trick.

Edit - You talking about the Airvidox or the Ozonator?

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
It took about a week for that smell to fully disappear in my car. It seemed as if I noticed it for ages and then forgot about it but it really did the trick.

Edit - You talking about the Airvidox or the Ozonator?
The Airvidox has not showed up yet this is the ozone generator that I have just tested out. It’s brilliant and you can use it again and again....

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
The Airvidox has not showed up yet this is the ozone generator that I have just tested out. It’s brilliant and you can use it again and again....

Im surprised it has a chlorine smell. I thought they just worked with oxygen.

Derekh929

Chief Engineer
Drives
F56 JCW & Vintage MTB
Neat and diluted Bio brisk good, also those charcoal kits, my daughter spilled a ltr of milk in her last mini and then went into work left in sun, it took me two whole days to sort out, seats out carpets out, foam on back of carpets removed and replaced in areas, was a total nightmare.
I also did the George wet n dry job on all seats and roof to rid the smell and let it dry naturally out side with doors open, then the following month sons new car, taking him and palls to party his mate at time, projectile vomited in his new car it went all down into speakers under seats and took me a day and strip down again, was livid, but the young guy offered to pay someone to do it, but i wanted it done myself.
I also put a bomb through the aircon as well to be sure