Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Build Moonstones Neptune Blue Taycan GTS

Doing a build thread? Highlight it!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Wow kudos, doing all that on a brand new car! well done you!

The finished front looks like it was well worth it to me!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
Wow kudos, doing all that on a brand new car! well done you!

The finished front looks like it was well worth it to me!

Wasn’t really difficult. Just time consuming because there’s a lot to do to get the bumper cover off but pretty much the same routine as every German motor I’ve ever worked on. I’m well chuffed. The old lip is a bit invisible making the nose the most prominent feature. Now the splitters just out more and make the front end a bit more aggressive.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Manual or just had a go?

No way I’d just have go! Recipe for disaster that.

Watched about four different YouTube videos and after searching for the Porsche equivalent of ERWIN (VAGs online workshop access) and finding the complicated Porsche one where they ask you for company details and get you to sign a legal agreement, I signed up expecting to get turned away and actually somehow got accepted.

Still need to pay for access (15 euro for an hour with printing rights) but it gave me all the workshop procedures required along with the correct torque setting for every nut and screw involved.

I’ve taken apart quite a few cars now but I always do plenty of research and make sure I know what I’m doing before I go anywhere near the car.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Experimenting with some blue vinyl ala the Audi Sport logo that they put on their wheels.

Think this looks pretty good but I’ll probably do it the opposite way around.

896391DA-23A1-4764-AF7F-7B89A25C124A.jpeg

0CA818F8-79D7-4F8A-A462-1FA8917563AE.jpeg

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
E46 M3 Ruby 1 of 6, Audi TTRS Vorsprung
I wasn’t sure about the colour as i thought your original red order was on point. I stand corrected the more i see pictures of this and the more you do your personal tweaks, i really like this.

Denso

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
I saw this yesterday when i went to pick up the new car and i thought it looked pretty good in the sun.

IMG_1146.jpeg

Denso

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
I wasn’t sure about the colour as i thought your original red order was on point. I stand corrected the more i see pictures of this and the more you do your personal tweaks, i really like this.

Denso

Red was definitely the preferred option I think and it's taken me a wee while to get used to the blue, simply because I've been waiting for a red one for all this time, but I've got no regrets. I think the blue is just as good and it shares the same characteristic as Carmine red in that it can be dull and also bright depending on the light.

Porsche are really missing a trick with the colour selections available on the Taycan. Although lots of people seem to be happily paying the £6000 for Paint-to-Sample!

That looks lovely. I would prefer that than red. looks Phat and the Splitter looks great!

I'm really pleased with the splitter. Seems weird that Porsche only let you have it on the GTS in carbon (and then you need to have the side skirts and rear in carbon as well). Finishes the car off I think.

Last edited:

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
This car is like no other I’ve owned in terms of comments and attention. The M5 was almost invisible. I thought the TT was a head turner but this is next level. One of the neighbours in my estate was walking past yesterday evening whilst I was washing it. He broke off a phone call to tell me he how much be loved my car, well done me and with a car like that who needs sex? 😂😂😂

Gave it some proper beans today and I’m starting to get get into the depths of it now. The handling is sublime. Cornering is absolutely phenomenal. Only thing that you need to be careful of is corner entry speed as there’s no gears and only the weird Tron-light cycle noise.

The only thing I’d change is the noise. You’re never, ever going to beat a proper engine thrumming away in the car.

B2661ECD-10CA-451A-8688-AC9C5E53934B.jpeg

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
Do you feel its weight at all, it seems that its a fair bit of mass that its shifting. The reason for asking is that i really liked that silver Audi RS i saw and maybe not for now but in the future i may consider one.

Denso

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Do you feel its weight at all, it seems that its a fair bit of mass that its shifting. The reason for asking is that i really liked that silver Audi RS i saw and maybe not for now but in the future i may consider one.

Denso

You don't feel the weight at all. I'd make sure you drive the ETRON GT first. Its a very different machine apparently. Much more dialled back than the Taycan from what I've read but then, I've not driven one. If the base Taycan is anything to go by (which I have driven) it's quite a different machine again.

As for the weight, I think it's because the centre of gravity is so low. It feels lighter on cornering than the M5 did and with no noticeable body roll either.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
This car is like no other I’ve owned in terms of comments and attention. The M5 was almost invisible. I thought the TT was a head turner but this is next level. One of the neighbours in my estate was walking past yesterday evening whilst I was washing it. He broke off a phone call to tell me he how much be loved my car, well done me and with a car like that who needs sex? 😂😂😂

Gave it some proper beans today and I’m starting to get get into the depths of it now. The handling is sublime. Cornering is absolutely phenomenal. Only thing that you need to be careful of is corner entry speed as there’s no gears and only the weird Tron-light cycle noise.

The only thing I’d change is the noise. You’re never, ever going to beat a proper engine thrumming away in the car.

View attachment 3059

Glad you like it, it’s quite possibly the best EV. I don’t seem to get any attention in the TT, well not that I have noticed, I get some nods and thumbs up with with the C63 and even some in the Mini! The Ferrari well that’s pretty much everyone, pointing, kids jumping up and down, woman waving, getting filmed, jaws dropping, pictures being taken, people wanting you to rev it, sit in it, talk about it. It’s like being a bloody rockstar!

All to much though, as it’s all the time, nice at first, but it does get tiresome. I go out early doors now to avoid it all and have the roads to myself.

EvilDrPorkChop

Test Pilot
Drives
Porsche Cayman
It's one thing that I never thought of when I got our Cayman - and ours is just a boggo 2.0L Cayman! You get a lot of attention! And I mean a lot. Heads turning, people waving, jaws dropping, especially a lot of kids! So yeah it's something that surprised me too.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Got word that my original factory order arrived at my local Porsche Centre and funnily enough I walked past a brand new Cayenne in Carmine red this morning. It was very dull under today's overcast sky. That niggle along with the fact that the monthlies on it would be significantly more now that Porsche's finance rate is 10.4% instead of the 7.9% that I'm paying leads me to believe that I did the right thing going with the blue one. Obviously I specced the red one up and there's a couple of wee options like the ambient lighting and auto dimming mirrors that I'll miss but that's pretty much it.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
No car for the week. It’s in for a two-stage polish, dual layer ceramic coating (this job is actually two different types of coating, one layered on top of the other), all exterior textured plastics coated and the full interior leather and alcantara all protested as well.

Looking forward to getting it back!

E94715AA-4B01-4FD6-BD96-0E689D7CDE89.jpeg

(car’s air suspension is set to Normal in this pic. Hence the arch gap).

Last edited:
Reactions: Che

Grunty-Motor

Pit Crew
Drives
X3M, MX-5, R1250GS and zx6r track bike
........ dual layer ceramic coating (this job is actually two different types of coating, one layered on top of the other).
Would be interested to know more details on this one.....

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Would be interested to know more details on this one.....

My guy uses Carpro Cquartz stuff and he's been around forever. So much so that he goes over to Greece to see Carpro Europe on a regular basis an he gets sent prototype products. I didn't know this till I was talking to him the other day but when he did my TTS he was using a new product that hadn't been launched yet. It was ready to go but just not on the market. This is a very hard ceramic coating but because of the hardness wasn’t very glossy. In the coatings world gloss and hardness are a trade-off. So after applying the first coating, he applied a second designed to supply the gloss over the harder base layer.

I had been marvelling at the difference on the TT every since he'd done it but had no idea he'd done anything different from the usual.

The two part system is now readily available (via professional detailers) so that's what he's doing on the Taycan.

Last edited:

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Just back from the detailer. Products used were CarPro DQuartz followed by CQuartz Professional and the interior was protected by CQuartz Leather.

7DB38333-F86C-4F09-B3CB-BE054AF9E0C9.jpeg4DCAB4E3-DF16-4881-8563-34A4B2679B0C.jpeg57A17537-2CB8-473D-A6D7-B8B58217DA1A.jpeg19B9EBED-D5AF-4829-950C-3E6D32A4EF14.jpeg97DE1AA0-F73B-4BAD-987F-F95AA996DE39.jpeg