Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Build My new S2000

Doing a build thread? Highlight it!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
Thanks - yes!
A job I should do is the rear wheel arches which notoriously rust (and are doing!). Trouble is a “proper job” including new inner skins (if that’s the term) is £2-2.5k apparently.
But I’ve found a place in Swansea (excuse for a trip to my hometown!) who fit new hoods for £400 all in - a bit more affordable!

That's certainly the best option. I wouldn't be paying £2-2.5k!

XAlp

Test Pilot
Drives
Volvo XC90 T6
OCD status improved! Local garage cut and repositioned exhaust today and for only £60 😁

maybe not mm perfect but so much better than before

Passed MOT too!IMG_2050.jpeg

XAlp

Test Pilot
Drives
Volvo XC90 T6
Looking good. What else is in the cards?
The list:
Bodywork / paintwork (big bucks leave for now)
New roof - doable just need time to get over to Swansea
Spacers maybe - affordable!
Clean up and paint the brake callipers
Seats leather repair - don’t use it much so I can live with that
Clean and treat the underside maybe - winter job?
that’s it I think

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
The wee DIY kind are the best jobs for me. If you’re having a look at the seats, I’ve had some great results with Colourlock stuff.

XAlp

Test Pilot
Drives
Volvo XC90 T6
I saw this, and it’s local. Thought it’s unusual enough to consider px and spend a bit more money rather than spending on bodywork on mine. Man maths etc. Then I saw the road tax - £675!!! I didn’t think it even went that high! That’s a man maths killer 😢

XAlp

Test Pilot
Drives
Volvo XC90 T6
Managed a wee DII job - I painted my brake callipers - will get a photo up…
Meanwhile though, we put a deposit towards a house today. It doesn’t have a garage! And I’m going to be skint for a while. So I might need to very reluctantly try to sell the S2000 🙁
Any interest out there?

XAlp

Test Pilot
Drives
Volvo XC90 T6
Managed a wee DII job - I painted my brake callipers - will get a photo up…
Meanwhile though, we put a deposit towards a house today. It doesn’t have a garage! And I’m going to be skint for a while. So I might need to very reluctantly try to sell the S2000 🙁
Any interest out there?
DIY

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
I’ve not got a garage. We converted ours. I just keep the cars on the drive.

Let’s see your calipers!

XAlp

Test Pilot
Drives
Volvo XC90 T6
Quite sad - really liked it. Jekyll and Hyde - suave silver sunshine cruiser or VTEC 9K riflebolt box adrenalin rush!
If I win the lottery I’d like an original NSX
Whilst I’ll likely post less on here I’ll keep a watching brief - top modding!!!!