Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competitions and much more. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Photos My wife's new Marmite car!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
We had the RRS for nearly 3 years and it was a brilliant car and never missed a beat. But with my wife's new job and more miles to do she wanted something cheaper and more fun instead of just her in a bloody great RRS. She has always wanted an Evoque Convertible ever since they came out but I have always steered her away from them due to depreciation. Now I think they might be a good buy, not many made, totally unique and only made for 18 months! The car, well, I was pleasantly surprised, I thought it was going to be all wobbly, rattly and windy but its not, its very solid, well put together, its got all the toys you could need and its really unusual being high up in a convertible and a lot of fun!

Anyway this was the best we could find in the only colour to have :cool: Its only done 7k miles and its pretty much like a brand new one, so she is well made up!

I could never drive it of course without my helmet on
fett.gif

DaveA

Boy Racer
Drives
BMW M135i xDrive
TBH, I have never really been a fan of those cars, but.... that colour really works wonders for the car and I actually really do like the look of that one... What is the interior like...?

I am imagining my 1 series in that colour and thinking it would be awesome...

(responding here rather than the other forum as the casual sexism in there drives me nuts sometimes...)...

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
TBH, I have never really been a fan of those cars, but.... that colour really works wonders for the car and I actually really do like the look of that one... What is the interior like...?

I am imagining my 1 series in that colour and thinking it would be awesome...

(responding here rather than the other forum as the casual sexism in there drives me nuts sometimes...)...

Thanks its a beautiful colour, its pretty much the same as the Lambo Orange. I just ignore some of the comments, my wife loves it !

StuartK

Chief Engineer
Nearly bought a pink one of these from Stafford LR for the better half but bottled it and got the hardtop. Nice cars really enjoyed ours and great value I think. Hope you have the bucket seats!

XAlp

Test Pilot
Drives
Volvo XC90 T6
What 5 seater convertibles are there nowadays? I remember the old Freelander “convertible” was quite unusual in having 3 seat belts in the back…

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
What it’s like to drive with the roof down @boba fett ?

Embarrassing.

It drives just like a normal Evoque, its very well put together, I was actually shocked how solid and nippy it feels, different to the sport in the fact the sport feels massive, heavy and lethargic, where this feels far more sporty and eager, its great fun, its also weird being high up in a car with no roof. My wife loves it.

I was car hunting Sunday, my wife was driving, but we had to switch as the Nav took us through some dodgy "B" roads. We went into a pub for lunch that was Rammed with people (it was 31 degrees at 13:30) The whole access to the car park took you around all the people in the huge beer garden and I just wanted the ground to open up!

But people did come up and ask whats it like, and it looked wicked! Not sure if they where taking the piss!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
Embarrassing.

It drives just like a normal Evoque, its very well put together, I was actually shocked how solid and nippy it feels, different to the sport in the fact the sport feels massive, heavy and lethargic, where this feels far more sporty and eager, its great fun, its also weird being high up in a car with no roof. My wife loves it.

I was car hunting Sunday, my wife was driving, but we had to switch as the Nav took us through some dodgy "B" roads. We went into a pub for lunch that was Rammed with people (it was 31 degrees at 13:30) The whole access to the car park took you around all the people in the huge beer garden and I just wanted the ground to open up!

But people did come up and ask whats it like, and it looked wicked! Not sure if they where taking the piss!

Ot does look good with the roof down I think. I suppose it’s like any 4 seat convertible, just that it’s on stilts compared the usual.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Oh no. What could possibly justify parting with the glorious mating of that V8 with that DCT box?
Hope it’s worth it.

Easy choice really, I'm not loving it lately and not using it, you can't spread its legs nowadays, its not really a good / fun cruiser / traffic car, 15 mpg, costing £2 a mile, teething problems when I use it, £630 tax, pain in the arse colour and an offer I can't really refuse.......

.....and this is just as fast and probably a better place to be and is a 3rd of the running costs

I think its going, its a good time prices are high and I think cars like the M3 V8 big gas guzzlers are heading for a fall!

Last edited:

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
Easy choice really, I'm not loving it lately and not using it, you can't spread its legs nowadays, its not really a good / fun cruiser / traffic car, 15 mpg, costing £2 a mile, teething problems when I use it, £630 tax, pain in the arse colour and an offer I can't really refuse.......

.....and this is just as fast and probably a better place to be and is a 3rd of the running costs

I think its going, its a good time prices are high and I think cars like the M3 V8 big gas guzzlers are heading for a fall!

Have to agree. Fuel prices are pretty grim at the minute and the demand for bigger engined cars are falling as a result. The dealer that I bought the M5 for says that they're avoiding taking anything above 3litres into stock.

The financials are also the reason I've just ordered a Taycan. I'm thinking electric daily-driver and cheap ICE toy are the way to go.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Have to agree. Fuel prices are pretty grim at the minute and the demand for bigger engined cars are falling as a result. The dealer that I bought the M5 for says that they're avoiding taking anything above 3litres into stock.

The financials are also the reason I've just ordered a Taycan. I'm thinking electric daily-driver and cheap ICE toy are the way to go.

I'm the same, keeping the F430 (that car is pure drama just being in the garage let alone behind the wheel) We have the Evoque convertible, got the 335D for when buying a fridge, and I am looking for a little 2 seater to get to the post office the long way round! Hopefully I'll find something red with cream to match the F430!

The M3 is being picked up tomorrow!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
That was quick!
The guy that's buying it wanted it from the day I bought it, I have been thinking about selling for the last month.

Its almost a pointless car in these busy expensive days. The car needs revs to be exciting other than that its a 3 series and you are only as fast as Miss Daisey in front or the traffic you get stuck in.