Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Photos Need Speeders opinions on which wheels Please!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I bought a set of OZ Superleggera HLT for the F430 after losing out on the wheels I wanted, they where a bit of an impulse buy. I got the car out early, had a hoon, then I thought I would stick them on the car. Firstly they are quite a bit lighter and its noticeable, but I an on the fence with them. They are not what I really wanted and I have not been a fan of OZ wheels, I could get these painted Gunmetal as I think they will look better, or just stick with OEM ?

Anyway your thoughts are appreciated.

OEM wheels

Superleggeras

Last edited:

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
I prefer the OEMs. I’m just not a fan of the Superleggera design on any car. You posted up a couple of photos with the same car as yours on a set of black wheels. I thought the overall look was fantastic.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I prefer the OEMs. I’m just not a fan of the Superleggera design on any car. You posted up a couple of photos with the same car as yours on a set of black wheels. I thought the overall look was fantastic.

I wasn't paying much attention, they are actually Ultraleggera! Anyway I am not a fan either, they are coming off tomorrow. The wheels you saw fell through, they have to be custom made and can take up to 24 weeks. Its a sign, and a mate came round today and he said why are you putting aftermarket tat on a Ferrari, leave that for the M3! Think I might just keep it OEM, but I keep getting the bug!

Last edited:

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
I wasn't paying much attention, they are actually Ultraleggera! Anyway I am not a fan either, they are coming off tomorrow. The wheels you saw fell through, they have to be custom made and can take up to 24 weeks. Its a sign, and a mate came round today and he said why are you putting aftermarket tat on a Ferrari, leave that for the M3! Think I might just keep it OEM, but I keep getting the bug!

The original wheels are very nice. I’d be happy with them. The black ones take it to another level though, aftermarket or no.

Tengocity

Test Pilot
Drives
Cayman 981 GT4, Cayman 987 S, BMW 340i tourer, BMW X3 M40i
I quite like them. Neither look wow to me to be honest, but I think I slightly preorder the OZ ones from those pics.

Ennoch

Boy Racer
Drives
BMW F31 335D
Yeah, the OEM wheels IMO do look better. That said I've always been a fan of the CH-ish style wheels like they had on the old 360 CS. Something about the super thin spokes just screams Halfords to me unfortunately!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
The original wheels are very nice. I’d be happy with them. The black ones take it to another level though, aftermarket or no.

I quite like them. Neither look wow to me to be honest, but I think I slightly preorder the OZ ones from those pics.

Yeah, the OEM wheels IMO do look better. That said I've always been a fan of the CH-ish style wheels like they had on the old 360 CS. Something about the super thin spokes just screams Halfords to me unfortunately!

Cheers guys and keep the opinions coming, it does help getting petrolheads thoughts on things.

These are my next train of thought, just not sure on the 20's, as I was out today in it, and the roads and pot holes are appalling!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Those are nice but they’re so similar to what you already have, is it worth changing?

Ennoch

Boy Racer
Drives
BMW F31 335D
Cheers guys and keep the opinions coming, it does help getting petrolheads thoughts on things.
Don't go listening to me, I've got an Impreza with gold wheels!

FWIW I just googled pics of wheels on 430's and it turns out the 360 CH wheels fit...that's my choice made ;)

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Don't go listening to me, I've got an Impreza with gold wheels!

FWIW I just googled pics of wheels on 430's and it turns out the 360 CH wheels fit...that's my choice made ;)

Nothing wrong with a scooby, I bloody love em! I really don't like the CS wheels for some reason though!

Scoobyd

Boy Racer
Drives
BMW E46 330ci Sport Convertible
Originals for me too. But Ferrari’s have been my dream car since a kid and I’m a purist! I’d be leaving that beauty exactly as the factory intended, including the suspension height!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Easy - OEM

Thanks back to OEM now! Cheers to everyone
drinks.gif