Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Petrol Crisis - Almost embarrassed to take the V8's out.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Bloody stupid people down here, queue's everywhere for fuel. Lack of drivers - Brexit - whatever next. The world is broken
digger.gif

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
Same here. Had to fill up yesterday. Queues everywhere but get this. This whole thing started with Asda saying they had a few drivers off. My local BP, Gulf and Shell are all rationing fuel. The local Asda isnt!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Same here. Had to fill up yesterday. Queues everywhere but get this. This whole thing started with Asda saying they had a few drivers off. My local BP, Gulf and Shell are all rationing fuel. The local Asda isnt!
I think the fuel is being rationed here, not tried yet, though my cars go through fuel at an alarming rate, so it won’t be long.

Be interesting to see what they say about a Ferrari needing a fill up, is it essential sir, yep for medicinal purposes!

JMS

Pit Crew
Yep same here in Hampshire. No where has any fuel. Can't believe our country is full of selfish fucktards... can't go to work tomorrow as only have enough to get there and not back.

I blame the media.. mainly BBC reporting this as a crisis with HGV drivers.. always the same.. all happened in lockdown when media went on about food and bog roll shortages.

I really do despire with our general public and lack of common sense.. all this fuel panic buy is now driving up fuel cost and in turn inflation... then that will drive higher interest rates..

Oh and then the retards will blame the government for their stupidity..

Sorry rant over..

Defo getting an i4 M50 now. Only way is EV

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Just spoke to a neighbour who has just spent an hour and a half driving around trying to find fuel to no avail
squashsm.gif

I just responded in a nice PC calm manner "but you are just creating your own problem"

What I wanted to say
whatever.gif

JMS

Pit Crew
Just spoke to a neighbour who has just spent an hour and a half driving around trying to find fuel to no avail
squashsm.gif

I just responded in a nice PC calm manner "but you are just creating your own problem"

What I wanted to say
whatever.gif

You should have said it. A mate of mine who was filling his truck up yesterday for work saus someone in front if him only managed to put 6quid a diesel in there car before it was full..

Bloody selfish twats..

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
You should have said it. A mate of mine who was filling his truck up yesterday for work saus someone in front if him only managed to put 6quid a diesel in there car before it was full..

Bloody selfish twats..

For fucksake. That’s the problem right there.

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
2023 G80 M3 Competition X-Drive

Bloody selfish twats..

To be fair, what if he had to drive for an important family event, let's just say a funeral and that extra £8 meant he then had the range.

Lorry drivers could use less by not having their heaters on at night and take wooly socks.

It's all subjective...

Last edited:

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I got 14.8 mpg average over the weekend in the M3. I normally get less, but it was quite busy on the roads with people looking for fuel.