Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Porsche skinny steering wheels?

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
One complaint I’ve got about the new car is how skinny the steering wheel is. BMW M cars have wheels that are just a bit too thick. That’s their thing so do Porsche do the opposite for some reason?

My TTS has one of the best steering wheels I’ve ever come across and it’s exactly the right thickness.

Now given that the wheel in my Taycan is used across all current Porsches in their line up, has it always been this way? Is it some sort of deliberate Porsche philosophy? Why so skinny?

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I too think the TT steering wheel is lovely. Not had a Porsche for a while so forgotten what they are like!

BMW wheels especially refurbed ones are to thick, they look nice but not nice to hold and drive.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
Agree on the BMW ones. I bought a standard BMW leather wheel when looking for parts to do my M5 wheel up and it was much thinner and much nicer as a result. The Porsche one is the first I've ever had where it could be doing with being beefed up a bit.