Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Pressure Washers

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
My trusty Nilfisk P150.2 has finally given up the ghost. The motor has been blowing fuses and I’ve tried changing the capacitor, various o-rings and couplings to no avail.

So took some advice and it looks like a new motor required. I bought this model for £299.00 8 years ago. The model is discontinued but the equivalent is currently £500! There’s some inflation for you. New motor is £350 so not worth it.

Heard amazing things about Kranzle and fancied one for years, so I’ve treated myself to a Kranzle 1050TST.

The Nilfisk certainly had a good run. Much more so than the couple of Karchers I owned before.

Last edited:

EvilDrPorkChop

Test Pilot
Drives
Porsche Cayman
I've got the Kranzle 1152TST, you won't be disappointed. Which Lance did you go for?

EvilDrPorkChop

Test Pilot
Drives
Porsche Cayman
Just don't forget, you can't use them stood up. You have to have them Horizontal when using.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
I've got the Kranzle 1152TST, you won't be disappointed. Which Lance did you go for?

I didn’t get the option to choose a lance it comes with two. Think one’s a normal one and the others a “dirt-killer” thing.

Just don't forget, you can't use them stood up. You have to have them Horizontal when using.

Yeah I saw that when I watched a couple of videos. I’d have never known. Quite unusual that!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Just looked yours up. I thought £600 was dear. A grand for yours!! That’s some outlay for a pressure washer!

EvilDrPorkChop

Test Pilot
Drives
Porsche Cayman
I ordered this with mine, as the lance is quite long - https://kranzle-pressure-washers.co...tub-vario-jet-lance-qr?variant=23529819897914

I find I use it most of the time, gives you a nice lance length. The stubby ones you just soak yourself, and the ones they come with are quite long (great for doing patios etc).

Yeah they aren't cheap. Mine was about £862 last easter, and I got 15% off on top of that too. So it made it a decent buy. I also invested in the 'Offical' Snow Foam lance, which seems to work OK. But you have no mixture adjustment on it.

Have to lie it flat because of the oil. Make sure you check it (Although mines never used any and it gets some use). Also make sure you use a hose with no stop valves in the fittings.

bytejunkie

Tyre Kicker
Drives
B7 RS4, STR 675R
next you need a rubberised hose on a reel attached to the wall. i put mine in this weekend, after running hot and cold pipes to the front of the garage over xmas. so now i have a mix of water, through a k4 pressure washer, fed to a 15m hose with a short trigger gun. pre rinsing a motor with hot water is next level, really brings some dirt off.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Well the Kranzle arrived today and although i’ve not used it yet, first impression is that it is absolute bollocks just on build quality. It is absolutely solid! Looking forward to firing it up at the weekend.

Downside is that accessories all look dear as f**k as well!!!

Last edited:

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
@EvilDrPorkChop & @bytejunkie I've used it twice now with two different hoses and both times the hozelock connecter keeps jumping off the plastic inlet filter for the pump. Happened three or four times during each session. Definitely not the hoses as I've not had that issue in the past. On my nilfisk I used a metal hozelock connector but on that model the filter-gauze sits inside the inlet. Any experience with this?

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Problem solved!

C5C80C5F-9331-467C-B4E2-53C597F8F7B9.jpeg

Four quid for the wee filter in the middle (it’s a Kranzle part) which let me use the metal hoze lock connector that I’ve been using for years on the Nilfisk.

3D2A05B5-F0DB-4D2A-9DCD-BDEEB1E3C25F.jpeg

Senna11

Racing Driver
next you need a rubberised hose on a reel attached to the wall. i put mine in this weekend, after running hot and cold pipes to the front of the garage over xmas. so now i have a mix of water, through a k4 pressure washer, fed to a 15m hose with a short trigger gun. pre rinsing a motor with hot water is next level, really brings some dirt off.
Pic of your set up would be good

EvilDrPorkChop

Test Pilot
Drives
Porsche Cayman
Sorry I didn't see your reply as I didn't get an email notification!

Yes, I use the Hozelock Metal Connector too. Always have, so can't comment with the one that comes with. I didn't bother with the filter though, and not had any problems.

They're great machines though aren't they.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Sorry I didn't see your reply as I didn't get an email notification!

Yes, I use the Hozelock Metal Connector too. Always have, so can't comment with the one that comes with. I didn't bother with the filter though, and not had any problems.

They're great machines though aren't they.

Absolutley rock solid! I bought the stubby vario lance and the patio cleaner attachment as well.

EvilDrPorkChop

Test Pilot
Drives
Porsche Cayman
Haven't had chance to use the patio cleaner yet. Are you getting a snow foam lance?

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I’ve got a Nilfisk P150.2 it’s been brilliant for years and never missed a beat, it gets used a LOT and not saying it needs replacing, but are these worth upgrading to!