Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Refinish carbon fibre boot lid spoiler?

Jamminmk

Tyre Kicker
Drives
M340
I have noticed that the leading edge of my oem cf boot lip spoiler is either flaking slightly or going white, right where it meets the bodywork.

Has anyone sanded on down and refinished?

If so what lacquer would you recommend to use?

I am assuming a range of grits, then polishing compound etc

I want to get the car ceramic coated, so this needs to be fixed before that

Thx

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
Can be done but I’ve never done it myself. Body shop did some for me. All they did was sand down and re-lacquer using standard clearcoat.

I don’t think you’ll go far wrong with what you’ve described above.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I've just had my Ferrari carbon door sills refinished with new decals of my liking. My body shop did it so it can be done.

Its never going to look like it was when it was new, but it will look very good. You have to sand back the lacquer to the point whereby you just start to reach the Carbon weave, then re-laquer. I'm pretty handy with painting and preparing things, but I left mine to the Pro's for the best they can be.

Jamminmk

Tyre Kicker
Drives
M340
Took it off, cleaned up and then took across the road to work to one of the many back street car repairers on the estate I work on, 50 quid to sand and topcoat, if it turns out crap it will be a new one

Has anyone taken the auto opening grill off? I have two big stone fractures in the gloss black surround, I wondered if the “8” shaped outer ring comes off / apart

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
Took it off, cleaned up and then took across the road to work to one of the many back street car repairers on the estate I work on, 50 quid to sand and topcoat, if it turns out crap it will be a new one

Has anyone taken the auto opening grill off? I have two big stone fractures in the gloss black surround, I wondered if the “8” shaped outer ring comes off / apart

What car are you talking about?