Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competitions and much more. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Seen new G80 M3/4 Today

Derekh929

Chief Engineer
Drives
F56 JCW & Vintage MTB
Ok went to local dealers to check out the new G80’s, first up they have M3 BG & M4 BG & M4 TB

First impressions on looks as M3 parked right as I came in, have to say, me and better half really liked the BG, it looks nothing like a standard 3 series and wife said the same.
I took time to have a good look at it from all angles, and we both agreed it looked good in the flesh, apart from rear bulbous bow at bottom rear wife did not like the jutting out, both liked the wheels.

I have to say the standard seats looked great in Silverstone and full leather very nice in deed looked like a nice place to spend on a road trip all be it base side bolsters looked very low if I’m honest.

Then the salesman I know came over and offered me a test drive and the keys, and said BMW wanted all 3 on as demos, so I will hopefully get it for an afternoon or hopefully will get it a day.

We both was unsure of M4 looks we were not sure it was because it was parked on a ramp and it looked bunched up at rear and not as balanced as M3 , one thing we both said the bonnet looks miles long on them both.
After looking at the TB M4 just did not like it and usually I like TB.

Did I get the wow factor, well if it drives very well sounds as good inside as it did outside , I could possibly been keen to have a AWD one in my garage, I have to say I would have been happy to take it home with me

BG with the gloss black trim looked good, all be it a bit OTT , skirts felt very substantial and have take a lot of different views, all on my iPhone as did not have my other camera with me, better half said front looked ok as long as NP on with surround, I have to say looked aggressive all be it stones may damage the rad.

Have to say I thought it looked great on that two tone wheel, but wife says the car would stick out in a car park.

some pics from different angles and video, I hope to get my good camera when get test drive and try to take video of sound inside when I’m out.

Derekh929

Chief Engineer
Drives
F56 JCW & Vintage MTB
42733405-61FC-493F-BB75-95E5CEE5D341.jpg

Derekh929

Chief Engineer
Drives
F56 JCW & Vintage MTB
M4 was not 100% on styling , but I need it out in open to walk around and take a better look before passing my opinion, here is pics, looks like pdi not done yet, front did not look right without the NP on though.

TB M4 did not like it personally

JMS

Pit Crew
I love the looks of the M4 and I said I would never have another M car after the F82 as found it all a little boring as a daily. But I think I might end up eating my words and getting a G82 M4.

Really not keen on 4 door sports saloons both the F and G M3s just look odd to me with the small doors.. M cars should always be 2 doors in my view.

But think BMW have really pushed the boundaries of innovation with the G and sure it will be very popular as the F just looks dated now inside and out.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Great pics, thanks for sharing.

M4 for me to, not interested in a 4 door version if a 2 door is available.

Reactions: JMS

StuartK

Chief Engineer
Not sure why you are alway wrong Stu must be a Midlands thing. 😉

Im not from the Midlands which is a common mistake people make haha!

The rear end and quarter looks better on the saloons. That said I still had a second M4 over the 3 lol!

JMS

Pit Crew
Well please except my appolagies.

While we all have our preferences i still can't be seen in a 4 door M car. Smacks in the face the other half wants practicality and you have to compromise on one doors..

StuartK

Chief Engineer
Well please except my appolagies.

While we all have our preferences i still can't be seen in a 4 door M car. Smacks in the face the other half wants practicality and you have to compromise on one doors..

Hahaha don’t be daft lol!

I’m from Guildford and may as well have been multiple nationality until Covid ruined my escape plans.

I find four doors kind of cool I don’t know why.

JMS

Pit Crew
Only time I liked 4 doors is when I had my kids and even then it was more hassle than a two door as they kept trying to open the bloody thing's and pit the windows down. Put them in a two door then they had no choice to do ad they were told

StuartK

Chief Engineer
Only time I liked 4 doors is when I had my kids and even then it was more hassle than a two door as they kept trying to open the bloody thing's and pit the windows down. Put them in a two door then they had no choice to do ad they were told

I find it easier to get in and out I’m ashamed to say lol

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
I want one of these. I’m one of those who can smugly say I always liked the new styling. Unusually for me it would be the M3. I think it’s the better looking car in this generation. I think the F80 M3 is a nice looking car as well but I prefer the 2 door versions whereas the G80 just flows better for me and has the more prominent rear wheel arches. I’m not in a hurry to change car any time soon but when XDrive and/or the right deals come along a G80 M3 in the right colour is the in the top three.

JMS

Pit Crew
I want one of these. I’m one of those who can smugly say I always liked the new styling. Unusually for me it would be the M3. I think it’s the better looking car in this generation. I think the F80 M3 is a nice looking car as well but I prefer the 2 door versions whereas the G80 just flows better for me and has the more prominent rear wheel arches. I’m not in a hurry to change car any time soon but when XDrive and/or the right deals come along a G80 M3 in the right colour is the in the top three.
Agree apart from th M3 bit.. but you all can't be right like me 😉

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I think its such a radical design change, its aged the F-Series quite a bit. I have always (like Moon) liked the styling ever since I saw it, its always looked quite aggressive to me.

I did chuckle at most of the F-Series owners, doing the "Ugly as Fvck dance - I'm out" and especially CS owners, which was to be expected I guess.

It will still be a couple of years, before I dip my toe though, when they are about half RRP ;)

JMS

Pit Crew
Yeah I agree i have always liked it but not allowed an opinion in certain quarters of the forum community. 😉

A few years for me too just not sure the price tag warrants the car for me. Would rather a couple of year old 720s or an older Aston at the money you have to.pay to get in one. So will stick with my 8 year old L200

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
Yeah I agree i have always liked it but not allowed an opinion in certain quarters of the forum community. 😉

A few years for me too just not sure the price tag warrants the car for me. Would rather a couple of year old 720s or an older Aston at the money you have to.pay to get in one. So will stick with my 8 year old L200

There must be only one guy in the entire country paying cash for one of these. The rest are eating the monthlies on a PCP.

A sensible cash-buy for one of these must be at least 3 years away. Until then it’s about waiting for decent discounts and support from BMW FS.

I saw an advert for them on the telly the other night. I can’t remember the last time I saw an advert on actual normal TV for an M car. I wonder if that tells its own story.

JMS

Pit Crew
Yeah I completely agree. Not sure there was many discounts on the F series when first realised either. Im happy to wait for a decent deal, it would only ever be a weekend toy for me as per my F M4 but got bored of that really quickly and ended up in the garage for 6 months before I got off my arse and sold it