Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Speed limiters

Senna11

Racing Driver
So this is due on new cars July 2022 and what a dreadful plan. If implemented as described then can’t really see the point of owning a new performance car even though the majority of the time you don’t tend to explore the limits of performance. Perhaps used cars will hold their value?

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
If my understanding is correct the speed limiter will kick in and then you need to double tap the accelerometer to override it?

This is to get us into the habit before the override is removed later down the line.

So safety groups think that speeding is caused by people not paying attention to what speed they’re doing rather than those who are wilfully driving dangerously.

Unfortunately for us lot we’re a dying breed. Fully autonomous driving is where the authorities want us to be so. The actual pleasure of driving is going to be reserved for the track.

Senna11

Racing Driver
I think it will be similar to what Volvo are doing and a 112mph limit.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
New generations won't even touch our dirty old cars in a few years, I was in a P85d or whatever you call it, and you even get the kids saying nice Tesla. WTF.

Glorious old cars that we love are finished, that being said we are living longer, so there will always be a market. We will be like the silly old sods that buy MGB's! The speed limit stuff will hopefully attract people who still like driving to older better cars for the time being!

JMS

Pit Crew
I think driver education is just as important with regulating speed.

Breaking the speed limit goes hand in hand with dangerous driving when the road conditions aren't suitable.

Going by how poor the driving standards are in the UK compared to other countries then im in favour of speed limited cars for certain groups within out comunity.

I gave up on M cars and any performance car a few years back as I found it just pointless on our roads with our rules and poor driving especially on motorways..

Which is a real shame as I love an M but those days are now done.

Senna11

Racing Driver
Plus why is everything going touchscreen? it’s ok for some menus but not for basic controls.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
Plus why is everything going touchscreen? it’s ok for some menus but not for basic controls.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of touch screens, personally I think they're dangerous. BMW seems to be the only manufacturer who is giving drivers the choice to use their preferred input.

JMS

Pit Crew
I really like the touch screen on my vehicle but that's probably down to it not actually having any buttons to control it.