Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Photos The Car park look back picture thread.....

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
What’s the current fleet @boba fett. Is the C63 gone now as well? Mrs still got the Evoque?

it’s a bit boring, just the Evoque which my wife is still enjoying, and the above that she will probably have once the Sun is finished for the year.

I’m on the look for something nice solely for driver appeal and also something that I don’t get all precious with as a hack.

Its hard to get excited though, I’ve had most things and now it’s repetition and I think my standards are just to high!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
it’s a bit boring, just the Evoque which my wife is still enjoying, and the above that she will probably have once the Sun is finished for the year.

I’m on the look for something nice solely for driver appeal and also something that I don’t get all precious with as a hack.

Its hard to get excited though, I’ve had most things and now it’s repetition and I think my standards are just to high!

Two Rangeys and a Ferrari isn’t a bad garage mind you.

I think you and I suffer from one same disease. Once you get the car to a certain standard and you’ve done all the mods you want, you start to get a bit fed up and look for another project.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Two Rangeys and a Ferrari isn’t a bad garage mind you.

I think you and I suffer from one same disease. Once you get the car to a certain standard and you’ve done all the mods you want, you start to get a bit fed up and look for another project.
absolutely, the fun is in the mods and perfecting it. Even though I puff, pant and moan when doing it, it’s still a buzz and keeps you busy!

Been looking at cars for the last few evenings and Believe it or not, I don’t like this bit, looking for a car and viewing it can be such a waste of time! Peoples adds and ideas on condition is in crisis these days!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
absolutely, the fun is in the mods and perfecting it. Even though I puff, pant and moan when doing it, it’s still a buzz and keeps you busy!

Been looking at cars for the last few evenings and Believe it or not, I don’t like this bit, looking for a car and viewing it can be such a waste of time! Peoples adds and ideas on condition is in crisis these days!

Agreed. So many sellers have a skewed idea of what they’re selling.

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
2023 G80 M3 Competition X-Drive
You're problem Boba, is you know what to do and do it too quickly!!

Before forums and the internet etc., we took ages to modify cars.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
You're problem Boba, is you know what to do and do it too quickly!!

Before forums and the internet etc., we took ages to modify cars.

I totally agree, I'm an impatient bugger, want it done yesterday!

The winter months will slow me down on the next project maybe, but I am also losing enthusiasm in cars (a bit) its all getting a very repetitional.

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
I totally agree, I'm an impatient bugger, want it done yesterday!

The winter months will slow me down on the next project maybe, but I am also losing enthusiasm in cars (a bit) its all getting a very repetitional.

You've been there, done that with the oldies mate and the modern stuff isn't that much fun.

Suppose that's why I just bought new and will leave mostly stock now.

Spacers landed and need to get them on, install new centre armrest and just drive it really.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
You know. You’ve got a great point there @The Revenant. I used to take a while to mod cars. Now I’m straight in there! Hopefully I’ll keep the R8 for a while so (famous last words) I think I’m going to get the cheaper stuff finished and then take my time with the dearer bits along the way. Otherwise it’ll peak too early and I’ll get fed up.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
You've been there, done that with the oldies mate and the modern stuff isn't that much fun.

Suppose that's why I just bought new and will leave mostly stock now.

Spacers landed and need to get them on, install new centre armrest and just drive it really.

lol! I love the way there’s wee extra bits creep in every few posts! 😂

Not touching it….
….Well spacers and that’s it.

…oh and an arm rest.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
You know. You’ve got a great point there @The Revenant. I used to take a while to mod cars. Now I’m straight in there! Hopefully I’ll keep the R8 for a while so (famous last words) I think I’m going to get the cheaper stuff finished and then take my time with the dearer bits along the way. Otherwise it’ll peak too early and I’ll get fed up.

That's what I have done with the 430 (oh and nice upgrades are frankly outrageous in price) so I have to save up!! I think having the funds readily available helps with the speed things are carried out. Years ago I used to have to save up a few months to get that latest Aiwa stereo for the RS1600i or a Pair of Cherry bombs for the 28 Injection special!

Those where the days!

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
lol! I love the way there’s wee extra bits creep in every few posts! 😂

Not touching it….
….Well spacers and that’s it.

…oh and an arm rest.

I concede!

Bought the front splitter, but went back for poor fitment and the spacers were a consolation really.

OEM lowering is £3,300, so not a chance, now back looking st splitters, but really want gloss black and only a few options to explore/try.

Armrest is just a little tweak I think is superb VFM.

Boot liner, a little interior decal, maybe MP floor mats, but then have to either drip it in carbon, or love it the way it is to be honest.

Have to say the car is a cracker out of the box mate, so these few bits are just recreational really.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I concede!

Bought the front splitter, but went back for poor fitment and the spacers were a consolation really.

OEM lowering is £3,300, so not a chance, now back looking st splitters, but really want gloss black and only a few options to explore/try.

Armrest is just a little tweak I think is superb VFM.

Boot liner, a little interior decal, maybe MP floor mats, but then have to either drip it in carbon, or love it the way it is to be honest.

Have to say the car is a cracker out of the box mate, so these few bits are just recreational really.

A splitter will make it look Lush Rev! I'm with the others, a must have on this car! A sort of mate, has just bought a Matt Blue M4 and he popped round to show me just the other day and he has got one of the M exhausts that looks like it fell off a Vauxhall VXR, and Nope, don't get one of them!

I'm not sure I'd do anything else to yours, but I'm sure you will find something!

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
A splitter will make it look Lush Rev! I'm with the others, a must have on this car! A sort of mate, has just bought a Matt Blue M4 and he popped round to show me just the other day and he has got one of the M exhausts that looks like it fell off a Vauxhall VXR, and Nope, don't get one of them!

I'm not sure I'd do anything else to yours, but I'm sure you will find something!

Splitter annoyed me because of the fit and wasn't too fussed with lowering, but at the cost I'm back to splitters (apparently no good if lowered) That, with spacers should be perfect I reckon.

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
Do Maxton do a splitter for it yet? Their hey do a few, gloss black gear is pretty decent normally.

They do a few versions, but once ordered something for the M5 and it was terrible, really terrible.

I’ve ordered another the same tonight, thinking the first was a rogue bad one, plus it’ll be installed on my mates ramp with spacers at the same time, so we can ensure a good attempt at fitting.

I will report back…

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
They do a few versions, but once ordered something for the M5 and it was terrible, really terrible.

I’ve ordered another the same tonight, thinking the first was a rogue bad one, plus it’ll be installed on my mates ramp with spacers at the same time, so we can ensure a good attempt at fitting.

I will report back…

The Maxton gear fits well enough. What I don’t like about it is that there’s no bottom skin to it. It’s like a flat piece of plastic that’s been moulded to a shape. It all looks good enough when it’s on though.

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
The Maxton gear fits well enough. What I don’t like about it is that there’s no bottom skin to it. It’s like a flat piece of plastic that’s been moulded to a shape. It all looks good enough when it’s on though.

Yeah, can't copeknowing that. I'm an OEM nerd in reality, so unsure if I'll cope with what I've gone for, but let's see.