Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Photos The M3 / M4 Old VS the new !

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I was down at BMW today. I had only done 6 miles in the CS, and yesterday I got a bong saying Oil level to low, please add a litre of oil! So much for BMW's approved used car 120 point rigorous checks. I have had another couple of issues, which are getting sorted, but my patience and confidence in the supposed checks is wearing thin. Anyway I have booked it into my local BMW dealer to do another 120 point check, and full diagnostic dump.

Anyway thoughts on the above, am I being overly fussy?

I took these pictures while I was there!

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
2023 G80 M3 Competition X-Drive
CS is different gravy mate, but having had both F and G series M3, I wouldn't go back, looks wise and tech too.

You're not being overly fussy and the supplying dealer needs to know you're unhappy. Good idea to get a local dealer to get involved, as they do carry an international warranty at the end of the day.

Grunty-Motor

Pit Crew
Drives
X3M, MX-5, R1250GS and zx6r track bike
BMW AUC is certainly not the be all and end all - but re oil level, dont they have to drive it quite some distance before it does a reading? My M3 is 10mile or so and not even sure where it is in the X3M menus:rolleyes:.

Never noticed the contours on the bonnet before - work of art!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
BMW AUC is certainly not the be all and end all - but re oil level, dont they have to drive it quite some distance before it does a reading? My M3 is 10mile or so and not even sure where it is in the X3M menus:rolleyes:.

Never noticed the contours on the bonnet before - work of art!

I think on this you have to get the car to operating temperature which takes about a 5 mile drive.

The bonnet is very nice, its even better underneath seeing all the naked carbon weave. Shutting it makes you wince though, you have to proper slam it down because it weighs nothing! The CS does have some nice unique touches!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
It depends on what the other issues actually are I suppose but the oil level being low hardly fills you with confidence. If they've missed something so basic, then how thorough have they been elsewhere. Good idea to get it into your local place. They might end sorting stuff out and billing the supplying dealer. Saves any hassle having to go back to up to them.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
It depends on what the other issues actually are I suppose but the oil level being low hardly fills you with confidence. If they've missed something so basic, then how thorough have they been elsewhere. Good idea to get it into your local place. They might end sorting stuff out and billing the supplying dealer. Saves any hassle having to go back to up to them.

The other issues where: a damaged side wall on one of the rear tyres, it was a cut bead that had been glued back. I noticed it on the Dealer video and told the salesman to go look, and he still never saw it. They are paying for a new rear tyre to be fitted. Two of the wheels got marked being delivered. They are paying for all 4 wheels to be refurbished. The oil well that was "it is what it is" and we apologise! but the car did what it was supposed to do and alert when it hit minimum!

So its getting sorted. I am the fussiest of customers but I told them that so they knew what they where getting themselves into!!

Cars going into my detailers in December (earliest date) to have the full works and photoshoot!

JMS

Pit Crew
Sorry to here all the issues..

Some of the reasons I only lasted a week in my G series and traded it back in. I have little confidence in BMW these days. BUt to be honest most, not all dealers are the same

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Sorry to here all the issues..

Some of the reasons I only lasted a week in my G series and traded it back in. I have little confidence in BMW these days. BUt to be honest most, not all dealers are the same

It does leave a bitter taste, but I think we are there now. The car makes up for it, its a wicked drive!