Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competitions and much more. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

What colour wheels would you go for ?

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Guys I am doing a little project and getting 458 20" wheels to fit an F430 (I wanted 488 wheels but the rears are to wide) I am bored and I need to mod!! I am having the necessary hardware made up and I have bought the 458 alloys and new tyres. I have gone for the ones that are fitted to the 430 16m, but they are 19 inch and the 458's are 20 inch which I want!

I am having them refurbished, and they need to know tomorrow what colour to do them in (they are currently Gunmetal, but have a few chips) but unsure on what colour to go for right now, the launch colour was Anthracite with a Diamond cut face as below..

But the 16m's are gunmetal, and there is also gloss Black and there is Bronze Scuderia style!

What do you think please?

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
I really like the black wheel pics you showed on the other F430s. I thought the black and the red was an awesome combo (and I’m not a massive fan of black wheels at all)

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I really like the black wheel pics you showed on the other F430s. I thought the black and the red was an awesome combo (and I’m not a massive fan of black wheels at all)

Cheers, this is the 16m, the wheels are Gunmetal and these are 19 inch...

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
That looks shit hot as well. For me, whether it’s black or gunmetal, the darker colour wins. Brings the car bang up to date in my eyes.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
That looks shit hot as well. For me, whether it’s black or gunmetal, the darker colour wins. Brings the car bang up to date in my eyes.

I know one thing, I am getting a Scuderia front bumper when ones comes up !!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Gone for Gunmetal, very nearly went for the diamond cut purely for resale purposes if I don't like them or don't fit !

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I offered up the wheels today and shopped out (badly) the wheels behind to get a feel what they will look like! They look a bit weird doing it this way but they look alright!

Last edited:

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Is that them in gunmetal? Hard to tell if it’s just the light.

Yes Gunmetal, its a terrible picture ! I have to admit the original wheels do suit the car, and I am on the fence with these, it has a modded Carlos wheels to big look about it!!

Might look right when they are on the car!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
I like them. I;d have went even darker personally. I still think they'd look great in black.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I like them. I;d have went even darker personally. I still think they'd look great in black.

Thanks, I think its because the photo was taken in direct sunlight and the wheels are not in the arches, they are a lovely colour but it does flip about abit!