Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

What is your next car going to be and why?

Tengocity

Test Pilot
Drives
Cayman 981 GT4, Cayman 987 S, BMW 340i tourer, BMW X3 M40i
I suspect I will sell the 987 Cayman, and get something with a different character to complement the GT4. If I was being sensible, then it wouldbe a E92 M3. If I am thinking more about track days then it would be a Caterham.
If I decide a new M car is irresistable then could be a new M3 (used xdrive). Though I am keen to see what new M2 is like, as I think I'll prefer the size of it, and don't need the full saloon practicality, if keeping the 340 tourer.
Or I could sell that and go really silly and get a M3 tourer.
The reasons would be to give a car that is good to drive instead of the GT4.

G50

Boy Racer
Drives
Bmw 540i
I had a drive in an FK8 civic type R yesterday and absolutely loved it, such a well sorted car. Exactly what I want in a driving experience.

I do 30-35k miles and finding something that is fun(a proper drivers car) and not extortionate to run is a real challenge. I've run two cars a couple of times and it's not for me, rather have one do it all car. An M3 or M2 would be perfect, but would be at the sacrifice of holidays/saving/investing which are now more important to me.
Gunna run the Up for a while and then look at an FK8 I think.

mcoops

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Short term lease / Cupra Formentor on order
I have a Cupra Formentor on order, the higher-powered PHEV version. Like many, my mileage is way down, and most of my trips are local. Plus the occasional 2 hour trip to our holiday place. So while I know a PHEV isn't right for many people, it's quite a good fit for my driving pattern. Most mileage will be all-electric, but the engine is there when needed. It won't be the main family car, but is big enough to occasionally take the family plus dog.

I suspect when we get rid of our F-Pace in a year or two, the replacement will be a biggish BEV, possibly as a company car if the tax outlook is still favourable.

sahajesh

Test Pilot
Drives
X5 40i M Sport
Next (additional) car is likely to be a city BEV, but after that, I don’t know.

Post current X5 will likely be a BEV but I don’t like the iX so maybe an RRS BEV. Not a fan of Merc, Audi/VW and want something with boot space and I don’t like hearses either, hence RRS BEV as a possibility.

isleaiw

Test Pilot
Drives
RS4 / Mini
who knows. Like Terry I change my mind daily, sometimes in the middle of replying.....

Probably a BEV to replace the Mini, but I am sort of emotionally attached to the Mini so maybe I'll just stick with what I have for a while. SIL getting a model Y in May, daughter will have to hand back her dirt cheap lease GLE in July and get something more sensible, so I'll live my car swapping through them for a while. 2021 was the first year I didnt swap a car since 2011!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
I'm collecting my TTS on Saturday. Bought the M5 in Sept/Oct time as I wanted a practical daddy-wagon to ferry the kids around in and had always fancied an M5. My biggest problem is that I lust over what I don't have and then when I do have it I lose interest in it. It's always only a matter of time. However, I'm still very much enjoying the M5 and although having a separated weekend toy is very self-indulgent for me (especially when I do very little miles a year), I thought something small and chuckable with nice looks, nice interior and reasonable performance would give me the best of both worlds.

I really wanted a Cayman but the 987s that I looked at proved to be dog-shit. There are a lot of polished turds out there at that age group. I went to see what looked like an awesome Mini Cooper JCW. 1 owner from new. I didn't even drive when I got there as in the flesh it was quite rough on the outside. So not being able to afford a 981 Cayman, I settled on a TTS but it may well be that I end up with that for a short time before swapping it for a Cayman later.

I'm think that worst case scenario is that is that if a third car in the household doesn't really work out, I can sell and hopefully have only lost a couple of grand.

Grunty-Motor

Pit Crew
Drives
X3M, MX-5, R1250GS and zx6r track bike
After considering dumping the X3M and Yaris for RS4 - next attempt would be M3 Touring

XAlp

Test Pilot
Drives
Volvo XC90 T6
Probably stay with XC90 for now - 2 years time maybe second kid will go off to Uni (if he ever gets off his phone…) so we’ll be down to 3 at home and reducing chances of big family holidays and Alps trips - the reason I chose it. By then will it be wise to think of a second hand petrol - if so then scaling back to a M340 touring (or preferably back into an Alpina with a B3 touring if I could afford one) might be the way to go? If hybrid or EV I haven’t a clue!