Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

What Little Things Do You Like And Maybe Dislike?

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
2023 G80 M3 Competition X-Drive
What small touches that come standard with your car (any car) do you like and to balance, any dislikes?

G80 Likes:

My first vote goes on the bag hook in the boot, to stop wifey's shopping going all over the place.

I also like the (when set) the courtesy lights come on when I'm close and the car opens when I approach (with a cool beep) and locks when I leave (with another cool beep).

G80 Disikes:

iDrive 8 doesn't dim enough for night driving.

Last edited:

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I mean there is loads to like and loads to not like. Ill think of some more, but because its current the Mini has some nice touch's!

There is a button on the ceiling that you can toggle through all your different colour mood lighting. No going into Menus, just a nice touch. Then there is the big centre light unit, that doubles up as the rev counter, heater controls or colours up for the parking sensors.

Range Rover Auto access height is cool. The tunnelling Matrix headlights are also clever.
I had an X5 with a roll out boot floor.
Battery kill switch on the Ferrari. Every car should have one.

The stupid wipers that goes one more time after a pause when you wash your screen. Its bloody dry by then!
I don't like the double tap to turn the car fully off on a BMW. One push on the stop button should do it!
Not sure on auto high beam, not sure if for a moment you blind some poor sod.
Menus on any car, especially for things like climate controls and seat heating.
Touch screens are just Sh1te!

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
I mean there is loads to like and loads to not like. Ill think of some more, but because its current the Mini has some nice touch's!

There is a button on the ceiling that you can toggle through all your different colour mood lighting. No going into Menus, just a nice touch. Then there is the big centre light unit, that doubles up as the rev counter, heater controls or colours up for the parking sensors.

Range Rover Auto access height is cool. The tunnelling Matrix headlights are also clever.
I had an X5 with a roll out boot floor.
Battery kill switch on the Ferrari. Every car should have one.

The stupid wipers that goes one more time after a pause when you wash your screen. Its bloody dry by then!
I don't like the double tap to turn the car fully off on a BMW. One push on the stop button should do it!
Not sure on auto high beam, not sure if for a moment you blind some poor sod.
Menus on any car, especially for things like climate controls and seat heating.
Touch screens are just Sh1te!

Touch screens are amazing!

Oh and a hate - the G30 has the windscreen squirters IN the wiper blades - awful!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
No sync button on Climate controls - Fvcks with my OCD!

Edit: Oh and the bonnet pull on the passenger side - WTF

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
This could be a long list but here's for my current two motors:

Taycan

IMG_4821.PNG
  • The car lights up and the door handles pop open on approach
  • Height adjustable air-suspension and the "smart-lift" feature where it'll remember a GPS location and automatically lift for you. Handy for speed bumps
  • The app is the best I've ever had on any car, with huge functionality from pre-heating and route planning with charging stops etc.
  • The constant dance of the adaptive headlights when your parked up facing a wall. Shows just how much they constant adjust.
  • Automatic seat and steering wheel heating when the car hits a certain temperature.
  • The adjustability of Sports Chrono (Porsche electric sound, ride height, suspension firmness, regen, drive mode)
  • Alcantara everything!
Dislikes
  • Alcantara everything! It looks great but is a lint and fluff magnet
  • The inability to customise the sports chrono modes outside of Individual
  • No manual control for the rear spoiler
  • The bloody B pillars being so far forward. Makes for getting in and out quite awkward.
  • Not much room in the back for such a big car.
  • The buggy PCM (infotainment)
  • Touchscreens!

R8

File_000.png

• The looks
  • The clunkiness
  • Everything about it
Dislikes
  • 14 miles per gallon
  • The interior parts bin specials - Mk2 TT seats and climate control.
  • Switchblade key.

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
Alright lads, I didn't expect a full spec list :ROFLMAO:

I got in the car today to go to an appointment (saved on phone calendar) and iDrive 8 asked me if I wanted navigation instructions to it - very cool.

XAlp

Test Pilot
Drives
Volvo XC90 T6
2 features in the XC90 that I haven’t had before that I love (heated steering) and use all the time (adaptive cruise).
Today I played classical music at high volume through the B&W on Gothenburg concert hall setting - pretty impressive!!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Auto lights, I know old hat but we take for granted, I think if I did not have it now, I would be driving around in the dark.