Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

What would you buy for up to £40k ?

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
There does not seem to be much around, but you might think about something I have not!

Criteria is:
Must not depreciate much if at all, be nice if it goes up a bit !
Not interested in how many doors or seats,
Must be able to daily.
Must be fairly reliable and not cost the earth to keep tip top like a fezza!
Must be fast and fun !

So far been looking at:
C7 RS6
F10 M5 Competition
C63 507
M3 CSL (but not sure on the daily bit and I still hate the gearbox)
Quite like the M6's
Still keep looking for the right M3 Frozen Silver Edition!

Whats your thoughts guys....

Ta !

Derekh929

Chief Engineer
Drives
F56 JCW & Vintage MTB
Would you not get a W205 AMG C63s Coupe for that not NA but glorious Twin Turbo 4 Litre?

Derekh929

Chief Engineer
Drives
F56 JCW & Vintage MTB
Yes R8 definitely a good shout, for a while I thought I was on for a bargain AMG GTR , then it went pear shaped, I think the ED1 ones cars would be ok, was tempted to hold mine for few years, but Varity is the spice of life and I have no idea how long I have so needed to try something else, before the good man comes calling.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
I’ve been looking a lot recently for sub £40k cars as well. I need 4 seats and a boot though but these are the ones that I’ve been looking at:

C7 RS6
B8 RS4
Alfa Guila Quad
C63
M5
F80 M3 saloon
Various Porsche Panamera models

But then keep coming back to wanting to keep a hold of my current M4.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I’ve been looking a lot recently for sub £40k cars as well. I need 4 seats and a boot though but these are the ones that I’ve been looking at:

C7 RS6
B8 RS4
Alfa Guila Quad
C63
M5
F80 M3 saloon
Various Porsche Panamera models

But then keep coming back to wanting to keep a hold of my current M4.
The Alfa sounds interesting, but its an Alfa and every one I've had, has had issues, I'm going to look at an R8 tomorrow with a gated manual box, so will see how that goes, but I keep going back to RS6's !! best buys are F10 M5, they are bargains !!

Derekh929

Chief Engineer
Drives
F56 JCW & Vintage MTB
Why did I forget the Alfa Quad as well another cracking shout, not had a Alfa personally but I do agree when you once have had a car brand and had loads on problem it does not help how ever long ago it was, but I would be quite happy with an Alfa Quad love them

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Thanks for the idea, I've had a couple (the SC model and 6.2) and I am not a fan if I'm honest, always found them a bit of a numb, un-involving barge to be honest.

Good roof down mile munching dragster though !!

SS13

Test Pilot
Drives
Porsche 930 turbo
Thanks for the idea, I've had a couple (the SC model and 6.2) and I am not a fan if I'm honest, always found them a bit of a numb, un-involving barge to be honest.

Good roof down mile munching dragster though !!
They are exactly that, fantastic GTs and a great engine.

Yanto

Boy Racer
Drives
M3 CSL, GTi Clubsport
I think a CSL is out mate - start point for these is now in the 50-60k range if you can find one for sale. I don’t think there are many / any currently.

Yanto

Boy Racer
Drives
M3 CSL, GTi Clubsport
B8 RS4 seems to holding well and I think a good E92 comp is a relatively safe place to put cash. Or a 1m ?

SS13

Test Pilot
Drives
Porsche 930 turbo
Fun, daily use and fairly depreciation proof, it’s has got to be a 997.2 with pdk then.

Following some robust due diligence, even a 991 might be an option:

Paddy1975

Chief Engineer
Drives
BMW 3 Series
Controversial - The 257bhp, four-wheel-drive, rally-inspired Toyota GR Yaris £33,495 for the uprated Circuit Pack variant. Daily driver and can park it anywhere, literally

SS13

Test Pilot
Drives
Porsche 930 turbo
Controversial - The 257bhp, four-wheel-drive, rally-inspired Toyota GR Yaris £33,495 for the uprated Circuit Pack variant. Daily driver and can park it anywhere, literally
Very good shout, and with the added bonus of manufacturer warranty to boot!

Not sure I can picture Boba in a Yaris of any guise though.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Very good shout, and with the added bonus of manufacturer warranty to boot!

Not sure I can picture Boba in a Yaris of any guise though.

LOL- I do like the little thing, and it has the added bonus that the wife would not step foot in it, but I feel I've done the little Ricer's and want a bit of refinement.

Paddy1975

Chief Engineer
Drives
BMW 3 Series
So you like it ! The missus won't set foot in it ! it's a rapid little pocket rocket ! ............ & your point is ???? 🤣

Derekh929

Chief Engineer
Drives
F56 JCW & Vintage MTB
So you like it ! The missus won't set foot in it ! it's a rapid little pocket rocket ! ............ & your point is ???? 🤣
When i went to look at it as replacement for the JCW , the wife did not even get out of the car to have a look, it was failed at first hurdle , i loved it :ROFLMAO:

Paddy1975

Chief Engineer
Drives
BMW 3 Series
When i went to look at it as replacement for the JCW , the wife did not even get out of the car to have a look, it was failed at first hurdle , i loved it :ROFLMAO:
The "Wimmin" will never understand the primordial needs for fast,small,yobbo,boy racer car that we all crave. Yes the comfort, refinement, relaxation that the *cough* Midlife / Grown up*cough* cars give is great day to day but they are correct when they say "you never grow up" NO !!! NO WE DON'T. sometimes we just want to arse about in a rabid dog of a car either get in or stay in and binge some american shite on Netflix. See you on the other side of the crisis. 🚦🏎
Car Driving Fast GIF