Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Build Boba Fett's Red / Crema Ferrari F430 Spider

Doing a build thread? Highlight it!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Thought I would put a build thread up as I plan to do / Started some winter projects.

So the car is a 2007 F430 Spider F1 Rosso Corsa with Crema Leather, its a very high spec car.

Daytona Electric heated sports seats
Full Leather package with contrasting Stitching
Full Carbon Interior package
Sat Nav system with upgraded hi-fi and in built subwoofers
Scuderia Shields
Yellow Calipers
Challenge Carbon Rear Grill
Sports Exhaust
F1 Gearbox

Things I have done already

Fabspeed ceramic coated Headers
Scuderia Carbon Fibre Steering wheel
Remote switchable exhaust valves
Hi-fi head unit upgrade with Alexa!

The car as it stands

Plans, are new wheels (when I find a set I like) Fire Extinguisher fit, lowering the suspension (bit of a worry as the nose is long) and a bit of tittng about !

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Today was a rainy day job. Anyway Ferrari mats are another level in cost. Pair of Logo front mats are £490! Mine are the standard ones at a bargain £299

My mats are in good condition so I saved myself some money.

Scankey I know but they came out really well!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
Today was a rainy day job. Anyway Ferrari mats are another level in cost. Pair of Logo front mats are £490! Mine are the standard ones at a bargain £299

My mats are in good condition so I saved myself some money.

Scankey I know but they came out really well!

Love that!!! These wee touches are my favourite mods! Especially when it saves a chunk of cash at the same time!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Love that!!! These wee touches are my favourite mods! Especially when it saves a chunk of cash at the same time!

They are the best, with a sense of achievement.

Next job is fabricating a Fire extinguisher mount!

Senna11

Racing Driver
Thought I would put a build thread up as I plan to do / Started some winter projects.

So the car is a 2007 F430 Spider F1 Rosso Corsa with Crema Leather, its a very high spec car.

Daytona Electric heated sports seats
Full Leather package with contrasting Stitching
Full Carbon Interior package
Sat Nav system with upgraded hi-fi and in built subwoofers
Scuderia Shields
Yellow Calipers
Challenge Carbon Rear Grill
Sports Exhaust
F1 Gearbox

Things I have done already

Fabspeed ceramic coated Headers
Scuderia Carbon Fibre Steering wheel
Remote switchable exhaust valves
Hi-fi head unit upgrade with Alexa!

The car as it stands

Plans, are new wheels (when I find a set I like) Fire Extinguisher fit, lowering the suspension (bit of a worry as the nose is long) and a bit of tittng about !
Not sure I would lower that, not without a nose lift. stance looks spot on to me.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Not sure I would lower that, not without a nose lift. stance looks spot on to me.
It is a worry, I would like a drop of about 10mm. I went to low on my last 911 Turbo for "the look" and it scraped quite a few speed humps. Always on edge driving that somewhere new because of the possibility of imminent death to the front splitter.

Senna11

Racing Driver
It is a worry, I would like a drop of about 10mm. I went to low on my last 911 Turbo for "the look" and it scraped quite a few speed humps. Always on edge driving that somewhere new because of the possibility of imminent death to the front splitter.
Just spoils the experience in my view. Just take the Revenant with you when you want it low:LOL:

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
2023 G80 M3 Competition X-Drive
Just spoils the experience in my view. Just take the Revenant with you when you want it low:LOL:

Car is fab, like the mat job too!

Us lot on here are like people who buy say a piece of wood. You have the choice to order blue or red. You order blue, then paint it red. But what shade of red? You must consider 53 different pantone shades of course...

I'm for leaving it, or adding subtle odds and sods, but the thought of lowering makes me a little sick in my mouth.

Buy something else to fiddle with!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Car is fab, like the mat job too!

Us lot on here are like people who buy say a piece of wood. You have the choice to order blue or red. You order blue, then paint it red. But what shade of red? You must consider 53 different pantone shades of course...

I'm for leaving it, or adding subtle odds and sods, but the thought of lowering makes me a little sick in my mouth.

Buy something else to fiddle with!

Strangely I have to fiddle, If I don't I get bored, and that's when I start looking for something else. It keeps my interest in the car and me looking back at it in car parks!

This 430 has got adjustable suspension, so its reversible, its just the overhang at the front, its really lengthy and I have not caught it yet on anything, which makes me think the car has already been set up like this for best drivability.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Can I have peoples thoughts on these wheels please, its really hard to find a nicer wheel over the stock alloy and I like the look of black wheels

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
That looks absolutely stunning. Black wheels really work. Really modernises the look. I love those. Think the car looks gorgeous with those on.

Stance is perfect as well. 👌🏻👌🏻😁

SS13

Test Pilot
Drives
Porsche 930 turbo
I’m not a fan of black wheels, but that looks very nice indeed.

SS13

Test Pilot
Drives
Porsche 930 turbo
You not fancying some yellow callipers to go behind them Boba?

I think they’d finish that look off nicely.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I did a few jobs on the F430 today, one of them was fitting the fire extinguisher. I sourced my own that looked the nearest to the OEM one, then Gloss Carbon wrapped it and stuck the OEM badge on (yes its upside down but that's how I wanted it!)

Really pleased it cost £80 rather than the nearly £600 OEM one!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Car’s looking great Boba. The carpet mats turned out great as well.
Thanks, yes I am pleased, and it will soon be Spring and can't wait to get out in it again - that is if we have not been Nuked by Putin!