Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Boba's Audi RS4 Avant

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Thought I would do a new post just in case I get the mod bug! Gave it a good clean this morning and used a protector especially for matt finishes. Fitted a front splitter and also got rid of the awful graphics on the side which was a mare to do !

I think its looking really nice.

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
2023 G80 M3 Competition X-Drive
In case I start modding :ROFLMAO:

Good to see the graphics gone - they were minging! Splitter looks brilliant.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I am think of getting the wheels done back to OEM Titanium and put the titanium mirror caps back on, what's peoples thoughts?

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
E46 M3 Ruby 1 of 6, Audi TTRS Vorsprung
Do a photoshop and see if you like it, personally I kind of like how it looks right now.

Denso

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
I'm an OEM fan, so would like to see the photoshop and would likely agree with the change.

That said mate, I like it, but it's not far off needing a 4D BOSS plate with all that murdered out spec.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I'm an OEM fan, so would like to see the photoshop and would likely agree with the change.

That said mate, I like it, but it's not far off needing a 4D BOSS plate with all that murdered out spec.

I agree, its a bit to much for me. It came with OEM Titanium finish wheels and mirror caps the rest is at it came, apart from the sunstrip and tinted front windows, which are going to be removed.

Just bought a BO55 plate for it, but I'm having it in script :cool:

Actually the car came with a very nice plate pretty perfect for the car!

XAlp

Test Pilot
Drives
Volvo XC90 T6
What you have seems very well matched to me - unusually so as I don’t normally like black wheels. However, I really like the style of those wheels and titanium would help them be more noticeable I think - so that would be my vote.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
What you have seems very well matched to me - unusually so as I don’t normally like black wheels. However, I really like the style of those wheels and titanium would help them be more noticeable I think - so that would be my vote.

I might need @moonstone to do a photo shop for me, if he is not to busy!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
@boba fett are the wind deflectors staying over the windows?

I think so, they do serve a purpose being a 4 door the drivers door in shorter, with these you can have the window down and not have an annoying side draught blowing in your ear.

They don't look great, but do a job. The car itself has all those pull out blinds in the rear windows!

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
I think so, they do serve a purpose being a 4 door the drivers door in shorter, with these you can have the window down and not have an annoying side draught blowing in your ear.

They don't look great, but do a job. The car itself has all those pull out blinds in the rear windows!

Just me looking closer, didn’t jump out at first, but not sure now!

Easy enough to sort.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
Personally think the titanium on the mirrors would be a step backwards. Red and black look great together and it ties in with the grills and splitter etc.

Wheels are a different story because they always stand apart so you can have any colour you like.

The black looks good as is but having just taken black wheels off the R8 I get why you might want to change them back to silver.

I’ll see if I can a photoshop for you later.

Last edited:

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Personally think the titanium on the mirrors would be a step backwards. Red and black look great together and it ties in with the grills and splitter etc.

Wheels are a different story because they always stand apart so you can have any colour you like.

The black looks good as is but having just taken black wheels off the R8 I get why you might want to change them back to silver.

I’ll see if I can a photoshop for you later.

Thanks mate, before I go all out on a refurb I'd like to see what it looks like.

Last edited by a moderator:

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
Personally I think it looks very good with the black wheels and black mirrors. If it wasnt for the fact that the Porsche has black wheels, I'd have kept the black and red combo on the R8.

I think the silver wheels also look good on the RS4 but I personally think the black mirrors should stay. I went back on forth with the matte titanium and black mirrors on the TTS and ended up settled on black. It's just a cleaner, more modern look I feel.