Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Boba's Mini John Cooper Works

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I knew the moment I got back in one and drove a Works Mini I'd have to have it!

Those that say the R56 is better than the F56, sorry you are wrong, it just is not, this is just the better car, drives better, built much better and don't have the R56 issues. Its also better for an older gent, and it makes you feel less like you have nicked your Grandsons car! Yes you could say the R56 is better looking, but with a few choice bits on the F56 and there is not much in it. This has got Go-Cart mode and its such a hoot to drive, every petrol head should have one of these, they are very good drivers cars!

Well, I was going to get a Thunder Grey model, but I wanted something a bit more colourful after a sea of previous grey cars and I do love a red car after a yellow one, oh and it matches the 430 nicely in fact I did touch up a stone chip and Rosso Corsa was an exact match! Touch! So this car, 32k miles and is a high spec car with Pan roof, all additional packages like lighting, XL Nav etc, Harmon Kardon, folding mirrors, parking sensors, rear camera, DAB, Cruise, Blootooth, Center arm rest, and a few others, all of which is irrelevant to the drive but heh, not bad for a little Mini and I love the toys!

Plans are, Spacers some black bits here and there, then just to enjoy hooning around in.

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
2023 G80 M3 Competition X-Drive
Glad there’s something new for you to mod mate. Looking forward to updates!

XAlp

Test Pilot
Drives
Volvo XC90 T6
What years are F56 and R56 and what’s the main differences?

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
2023 G80 M3 Competition X-Drive
I was getting bored mate twiddling me thumbs!!

It’s the internet does it for me, so I’m stepping back and enjoying the car.

Modding is for slightly older cars I think, not brand spankers. The manufacturers who build these cars must have a clue and it’s just money money money on the stuff they’re too tight to include as standard. So, unless I buy something quirky, I’m out of it for now and I’ll just enjoy following you guys on here by popping in now and again.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
What years are F56 and R56 and what’s the main differences?
I must say I am not a Mini expert, but I will try with what research I have done!

R56 is 2008 to 2013
F56 is 2014 to 2022?

Main difference is the F56 has much more BMW bits on it and much needed improved Build quality / Reliability and the interior don't rattle and squeak!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Ordered a few bits today, going with the JCW Pro Splitters front and rear, Carbon Works Tailpipe trims, Gloss Black Headlight rings (God I need to tone them down) Badges, Petrol Cap, and door handles and then see how it looks with a little chrome here and there as I don't want to murder it out and are quite like the wheels as they are!!

Anyway spacers today!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
I do love a mini. Nearly bought one a while back before the TTS but it never happened. Maybe one day. Everyone raves about the JCW models. @Tonester ’s car is 🤤

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I do love a mini. Nearly bought one a while back before the TTS but it never happened. Maybe one day. Everyone raves about the JCW models. @Tonester ’s car is 🤤

They make the TT feel like a GT car! They are one of the best drives you can get in a road car, they just bring out the hooligan in you!

My wife thinks I'm having another midlife crisis buying a kiddies car, but I love them! Its a shame most people just see a JCW as just another Mini (like I did before I dipped my toe) but they are not, and not a lot of money gets you one of the best fun and laughs drive!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Black badges arrived, one of the best things about modding this car is all the bits are cheap and easy to do....

.......Except Genuine JCW Pro accessories!! I was toying with a splitter, but I really like the look of these JCW Pro Spoilers, brings back a bit of the R56 JCW front!

Subtle but nice!

Tonester

Tyre Kicker
Drives
BMW M340d
They make the TT feel like a GT car! They are one of the best drives you can get in a road car, they just bring out the hooligan in you!

My wife thinks I'm having another midlife crisis buying a kiddies car, but I love them! Its a shame most people just see a JCW as just another Mini (like I did before I dipped my toe) but they are not, and not a lot of money gets you one of the best fun and laughs drive!
100% agree! Amazing bang for your buck and the mod market is huge. I was seriously impressed with how they handle.

Tonester

Tyre Kicker
Drives
BMW M340d
Will you miss is? Is it going back to standard?
I will mate, my daily's a Mustang Mach-e so it keeps the petrol itch scratched. I'll give the option for me to put it back to standard for whoever takes it before they pick it up I think.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Where did you get the Exhaust tips from, are they just original un bolt and these bolt on?

Tonester

Tyre Kicker
Drives
BMW M340d
Where did you get the Exhaust tips from, are they just original un bolt and these bolt on?

From what I remember they just pop on over the originals

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d