Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Boba's Mini John Cooper Works

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I was never any good at colouring in at school and I'm not very good at Photoshop but had a go at the white roof with Pan roof.

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
E46 M3 Ruby 1 of 6, Audi TTRS Vorsprung
I have had 2 of these Bobba. A f56 JCW and a GP3, awesome wee things and may well have another once i need another commuting car. The biggest single improvement for me was getting rid of the god awful chrome waistline, glad to see you did that sharpish.

Denso

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I have had 2 of these Bobba. A f56 JCW and a GP3, awesome wee things and may well have another once i need another commuting car. The biggest single improvement for me was getting rid of the god awful chrome waistline, glad to see you did that sharpish.

Denso

Its nice to speak to people who get them. To most its just a Mini. I even have a few mates that like cars, yet just dis it saying, it might drive like a lemans racer but its a Mini!

They are wicked to drive. I love the GP's.

I nearly bought a GP2, it was local but it just wasn't there condition wise, and the rest for sale where miles and miles away! My preference was always an auto, as its gonna be the run-around, and its bloody marvellous going through the paddles!

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
E46 M3 Ruby 1 of 6, Audi TTRS Vorsprung
This was my 2, first picture is doing the NC500 it was a great little car for that.

IMG_0375.jpeg

c8598987-af89-4b2b-8c5e-1c047c5ba037.jpeg

Denso

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
RS Chip fitted and thats mage a difference. Proper little pocket rocket!

Also added this. Love it!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Been buggering about in this most for a few hours, and took some shots at the yard. The things a riot with nearly 300php!

XAlp

Test Pilot
Drives
Volvo XC90 T6
300hp! Is it a bit messy being FWD?
Did you ever try a GR Yaris?

PS great looking car - even got me surfing AT for similar with zero justification!!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
300hp! Is it a bit messy being FWD?
Did you ever try a GR Yaris?

PS great looking car - even got me surfing AT for similar with zero justification!!

It spins the front wheels with ease in the wet, but soon picks up and goes. You get a bit of torque steer, but its only a little! Its a good chassis and diff so it handles it remarkedly well. Its the torque though, it boosts up so well now, it feels like my mapped TTS but more fun!

I've driven the Yaris GR a few times, a friend had one for a while and its very good, but the mini is half the price but no where near half the car.

XAlp

Test Pilot
Drives
Volvo XC90 T6
Cool.
As in better than half a GR, right?!
You seem to have experienced many cars I like. Have you ever tried a Stelvio Quad or Giulia Quad?

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Cool.
As in better than half a GR, right?!
You seem to have experienced many cars I like. Have you ever tried a Stelvio Quad or Giulia Quad?

I prefer the Mini looks, to me it just looks right. The GR is a more focused drive and the 4wd makes it an all-weather awesome ground coverer, but the Mini is not that far behind!

Hmmm - I would never have another Alfa! The Alfa quad leaves me cold as do all the others, don't think its a nice looking car, however, it is an F80 M3 alternative, and it might drive a tad better (the one I drove had been played with and it had a nice zaust on, and it did go well and sound good) but its nowhere near as good a car overall!

XAlp

Test Pilot
Drives
Volvo XC90 T6
Someone over on the F30 forum today at risk of catching the Mini bug…

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Treated the Mini to some new boots. Never understood why you buy a car that is best known for its feel and handling then put sh1te tyres on! Got a good black Friday on a set of MPS5 and my word what a difference!

Also fitted the JCW Pro larger gloss black bonnet vent! Finishes it off lovely.

Last edited:

XAlp

Test Pilot
Drives
Volvo XC90 T6
Your journey with this car has very unexpectedly generated enthusiasm from me for these - not on my radar at all before!! Looks fab too

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Your journey with this car has very unexpectedly generated enthusiasm from me for these - not on my radar at all before!! Looks fab too
Next is to go out and drive one. Don’t buy it, but Just find one for sale in a dealership nearby and take it out! I would love to know your thoughts.

One thing I have noticed, most JCW owners, don’t just have a JCW, they have other cars as well, and have the Mini because it’s their little secret pleasure!