Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Build Boba's Range Rover Sport P400e Plug-in Jobbie

Doing a build thread? Highlight it!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
So I picked up this Range Rover P400e for the daily duties. took a bit of time given we wanted Corris, cream leather and high spec. Sad thing is although the wife loves the P400e more modern look (all silver and Gloss black skirts) I don't and I want to murder it out!!

Mods will be 22's probably, privacy glass and Spacers.

What are thoughts on the look, I want to to go all colour code and Black, but the wife wants it left as it is?

XAlp

Test Pilot
Drives
Volvo XC90 T6
Personally I’d just turn the grey section at the rear to black

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
2023 G80 M3 Competition X-Drive
AS much as I know you'll have the urge mate, I don't think this model leans towards modding.

Likely future buyer will not appreciate, so suppose it's more about what you would like it to look like in your ownership, pay for and not be appreciated by others...

Personally, agree the bumper thingy to go black, or carbon if you're really wanting sexy, 100% on privacy glass, then black lettering etc.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
AS much as I know you'll have the urge mate, I don't think this model leans towards modding.

Likely future buyer will not appreciate, so suppose it's more about what you would like it to look like in your ownership, pay for and not be appreciated by others...

Personally, agree the bumper thingy to go black, or carbon if you're really wanting sexy, 100% on privacy glass, then black lettering etc.

That's a very pragmatic reply. Your right this model is not going to appeal to the murdered out brigade and given my wife wants it kept as is, apart from Privacy glass and a few tweaks, I might take stock.

I was going out this evening to get some "tweny tooz" as well!

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
That's a very pragmatic reply. Your right this model is not going to appeal to the murdered out brigade and given my wife wants it kept as is, apart from Privacy glass and a few tweaks, I might take stock.

I was going out this evening to get some "tweny tooz" as well!

My business partner has a green - yes green - 7 seat full fat and it is not stylish, but everyone wants one - mad!

They're looked at through different eyes than people like us mate. Great thing, but I'd enjoy iot for what it is.

Deffo privacy though!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
Colour coded bodywork bits like this, steps, blacked out front grill and black lettering and then I’d see how I feel. Personally wouldn’t bother doing the roof in black, or change the wheels. Would probably tint the windows.

IMG_4168.jpegIMG_4169.jpegIMG_4167.jpeg

Reactions: Che

XAlp

Test Pilot
Drives
Volvo XC90 T6
Like that, moonstone. I’d be tempted to leave the window tints for a little while - the “standard” ones are pretty rare I think, and could be good to see if they work with what you’ve illustrated.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Colour coded bodywork bits like this, steps, blacked out front grill and black lettering and then I’d see how I feel. Personally wouldn’t bother doing the roof in black, or change the wheels. Would probably tint the windows.

View attachment 3124View attachment 3125View attachment 3126
This is exactly what I had envisaged doing to ours! I even like those wheels!

I know the 2018 only really had front and rear bumpers changed, but its amazing just how much better it looks than the prefacelift

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
That's the privacy glass done.

Its booked in for all the colour coding and "de-silvering" to be done after seeing a 2021 Autobiography at Range Rover yesterday!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Are those smaller than your old ones? What made you change? Those are nice but I must admit I liked your other oner better, especially when theyre done in all black.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Are those smaller than your old ones? What made you change? Those are nice but I must admit I liked your other oner better, especially when theyre done in all black.

They are the same size 21 inch. Black never photo well! Ill get the 22's when a mint set comes a long, but I much prefer these. The other ones look like chrome flowers to me!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
They are the same size 21 inch. Black never photo well! Ill get the 22's when a mint set comes a long, but I much prefer these. The other ones look like chrome flowers to me!

LOL . They do a bit. I had them in black on my wifes RRS. Thought the looked pretty good blacked out.

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
Naff pictures as its filthy, however had all the bonnet vents and side vents done in gloss black. Had side steps fitted, picking up a set of 22's this weekend, then it goes in to be all colour coded!

Like the gloss back - definite plus for me mate.

Senna11

Racing Driver
Gloss black front and rear silver items and gloss black PPF on roof. Leave the windows as they are. No change to wheels.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Gloss black front and rear silver items and gloss black PPF on roof. Leave the windows as they are. No change to wheels.

I don't like the Gloss black skirts, they are all being colour coded like the Range Rover above.

Are you saying you like the gloss black?