Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Build Boba's Range Rover Sport P400e Plug-in Jobbie

Doing a build thread? Highlight it!

Senna11

Racing Driver
I don't like the Gloss black skirts, they are all being colour coded like the Range Rover above.

Are you saying you like the gloss black?
I did, think it draws the eye in and adds interest to the side profile.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I did, think it draws the eye in and adds interest to the side profile.

Cheers, it is looking better the more I look at it. I think colour coding is the way forward though, the gloss black sills to me make it look like a more base model!

I did the gloss black badges today, and it goes in Friday to be colour coded!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
The gloss black definitely looks more premium than the rough black plastics you get on the base models. I do think the colour coding is the way to go but even if you got the silver bit at the front and rear done in gloss black, that would transform it.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
The gloss black definitely looks more premium than the rough black plastics you get on the base models. I do think the colour coding is the way to go but even if you got the silver bit at the front and rear done in gloss black, that would transform it.

Those pictures you posted is what I wanted from my Range Rover when I bought it, I think it just looks premium colour coded. I do love the facelift model, just looks so much better!

This plug in Hybrid thingy, does make it a very good daily motor. Just got the fast charge fitted and it charges in a hour for 30 miles. I've not put any fuel in it yet!

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
2023 G80 M3 Competition X-Drive
You’ve got all the right ideas for the RR mate. If you like them, which I do, the black elements and colour coding o prove them by a longer margin than the costs suggest.

Nice to see it evolving…

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Been away for a 10 day break so will have a catch up on here later, as there appears to be some exciting stuff going on!

Went to collect the P400e and its not quite finished, they said they could have it done for today if they rushed it, however, they did not want to do that as they know I'm their fussiest customer, so its going to be close of play Monday!

But its nearly there!

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
I got the P400e back today and I am very pleased. Think its finished now and looks more premium.

Its gone from this:

And after, new wheels, full black pack, Badges, Side steps, privacy glass and colour coding, its gone to this!

Looks mint mate!

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
E46 M3 Ruby 1 of 6, Audi TTRS Vorsprung
Wow, that makes a huge difference 👌

Denso

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Well it was not finished!! but now it might be. Went off to get the finishing touch, tweenytoos!! Also treated it to Black Landrover badges and new OEM Black wheel bolts and lockers!

The place that had the wheels was amazing, The guy started out and is the founder of Hawke wheels and designs, now he makes wheels for main dealers. I could have talked to the owner all day with all the eighties memorabilia he had there and high end stuff he is into, top bloke!

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
They do look the business mate and do make a difference to the overall stance for sure!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
They do look the business mate and do make a difference to the overall stance for sure!

Thanks I am pleased, it has actually come a long way and seeing it when I first bought it, makes me wonder why I did! always had potential though!

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
Thanks I am pleased, it has actually come a long way and seeing it when I first bought it, makes me wonder why I did! always had potential though!

I’ll not scroll back, but think I said something along the lines of whatever you do to this car, it won’t make a massive difference.

I was wrong - looks great!