Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Build Moonstones Neptune Blue Taycan GTS

Doing a build thread? Highlight it!

bytejunkie

Tyre Kicker
Drives
B7 RS4, STR 675R
Charging port for charging the car. The standard one is like a normal fuel flap that you push and it springs out. The motorised ones have a bit of gloss black trim on them that you swipe and they open up like this:

and we wonder why weve got chip shortages. :unsure:

thanks for explaining

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
Well the fettling has started.

Wheel spacers and DIY PPF on the doors and arches so I don’t end up with road rash. Also been collecting parts to add on the Sport Design front lip. This is only available in carbon fibre on the GTS but I’ve managed to buy the front corner splitters in gloss black which will tie in with the side skirt and the gloss black bit on the rear diffuser.

Need to take the front bumper cover off to fit it which involves removing wheels, arch liners and headlights so think I’ll wait for the better weather!

699CCEF0-951F-41C5-A87A-5A53FA5D3D7E.jpegECB136AA-D1DC-4A6C-9D21-97432718C3A3.jpegD087DF57-924F-4DFF-BC15-C5884B43F56E.jpegC0EF869F-AE31-4595-9C38-9F6210D5E4B8.jpeg5362C3EF-9567-4DBE-8B93-C77891D8A343.jpegDE3220F3-6717-4120-8AE4-5D4FD652D8C7.jpeg

Senna11

Racing Driver
Looks great mate and congratulations. Interesting to hear what the real range is with these.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Wee job today. The passenger door card had a really bad rattle. Common fault on these apparently. Rather than go through the lottery of taking it to the dealer and hoping they fix it, I decided to take it off and Dynomat the rear of it. Rattle totally cured and noticeably better sound from the speakers on that door now, so I think I'll do the rest.

Ridiculously easy to take the door card off on these as well. Two screws and then it just lifts up and off. Job for another day though.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Well I’ve had this for a couple of weeks now and I’ve made my mind up.

it’s a more desirable thing than the M5.
It’s better looking than the M5.
It handles better than the M5.
It drives better than the M5.

…but it’s not as good a car as the M5.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I went out in my mates P85D last weekend, yes it’s quick in that ludicrous mode, and I can see some appeal, but I do not want one at all.

I think the Porsche is the best looker out of all the EVs, but for the now, I like messing up the ozone!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
I went out in my mates P85D last weekend, yes it’s quick in that ludicrous mode, and I can see some appeal, but I do not want one at all.

I think the Porsche is the best looker out of all the EVs, but for the now, I like messing up the ozone!

I miss the noise. The drive is great and where the M5 flew under the radar, this thing gets open-mouthed stares. The GTS electric sport sound is much louder than other Taycans and the sound turns heads because it’s weird but it’s not a V8.

The combo of the Taycan and the TTS is bang on but I’ve given the TTS to my business partner to use till his Taycan turns up, which is likely to be anytime between July and September. I miss it!

As for the Tesla, very different drive from what I gather. Still not tried one but I wouldn’t have one either. It’s just not a concept that appeals.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I miss the noise. The drive is great and where the M5 flew under the radar, this thing gets open-mouthed stares. The GTS electric sport sound is much louder than other Taycans and the sound turns heads because it’s weird but it’s not a V8.

The combo of the Taycan and the TTS is bang on but I’ve given the TTS to my business partner to use till his Taycan turns up, which is likely to be anytime between July and September. I miss it!

is it just a fake sound, or does the electric motor actually make that noise?

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Its all fake noise. Electric motors aren’t completely silent but they don’t make the kind of noise that the car makes.

Its obviously got an outside speaker somewhere then? I used to put playing cards on my Chopper wheels with cloths peg to make it sound like it had an engine!

Still no regrets, does it still excite, Do you think you will bore of it, or is it a keeper?

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Its obviously got an outside speaker somewhere then? I used to put playing cards on my Chopper wheels with cloths peg to make it sound like it had an engine!

Still no regrets, does it still excite, Do you think you will bore of it, or is it a keeper?

All electric cars have got some kind of noise generator like the system you get in diesel cars to augment the sound. It’s legal requirement apparently. On the Taycan, Porsche do “Electric Sport Sound” as an option. The GTS has it as standard and gets its own “throatier version”.

It’s starting to excite me more as I get to grips with the drive modes and experiment with it. It wheels quite rear wheel biased, much like the M5 and it handles superbly on twisty roads.

Not sure if I’ll get bored with it. Too early to tell but I don’t think I’d want an EV as my one and only car, that for sure.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
All electric cars have got some kind of noise generator like the system you get in diesel cars to augment the sound. It’s legal requirement apparently. On the Taycan, Porsche do “Electric Sport Sound” as an option. The GTS has it as standard and gets its own “throatier version”.

It’s starting to excite me more as I get to grips with the drive modes and experiment with it. It wheels quite rear wheel biased, much like the M5 and it handles superbly on twisty roads.

Not sure if I’ll get bored with it. Too early to tell but I don’t think I’d want an EV as my one and only car, that for sure.

Sounds good, keep the pictures coming it might have the same effect as your TTS did!

Senna11

Racing Driver

Lol I used to do that on my Chopper!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
This took me three and a half hours today. Just to swap the bottom front lip.

On the GTS the only option that gets you the fancier bottom lip is the carbon pack at £4000. On some other models you can get it painted or gloss black. So I ordered all the parts needed for the front lip with gloss black inserts to match the side skirts. Really finishes the front end I think, but a lot of work!

407BBDE2-F62C-488A-B393-05604935F27A.jpegF77C69BC-EE6D-4A5B-A2BE-DF593664396F.jpeg02F38D4A-6D0B-4883-A969-DE2D1704E6DB.jpeg
DBB3BD8B-7CB1-4363-93EB-619576956EE2.jpeg1D31A8EB-47BB-48D0-B852-07D58E91422F.jpegD12FCCE9-3FCE-4D92-914A-FB6E51AC4717.jpeg

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
E46 M3 Ruby 1 of 6, Audi TTRS Vorsprung
Looks great

Denso