Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

New M4 on the way.

JustChris

Boy Racer
Drives
440i Vert
Long day collecting today. 500 mile round trip! Well worth it for the TRL service, great car guy. He’s had it ceramic coated and detailed too (not charged for this)
Short review PERFECTION
Adding MXDrive is a revelation Vs F87, F80, F82 I had.

Same for the ZF, no cold start DCT lurching and you can creep or Auto Hold of course, so damn convenient and more civilised. Flawless.

Not a very M comment but Driving Assistant Pro is an absolute revelation and transforms the cars dual ability. Motorway miles home x220 were the most relaxed I’ve ever driven. It’s magic.

Took the family out to fill up when home and have it a 3/4 send. Plenty of noise and drama, missed this!

Heading to bed after an early and PT tomorrow but getting up an hour early, Sunday morning, clear roads 😍

The looks have deceived for a while too long for many, it’s an absolute peach of a platform.

A9EB23AC-0F65-45DE-86DD-BA5C5AFC2140.jpeg68F84425-4C8F-4B03-BB6D-042D2E36793E.jpegF67CB530-EE9D-411E-B8CE-698A64AD604A.jpeg

A9EB23AC-0F65-45DE-86DD-BA5C5AFC2140.jpeg68F84425-4C8F-4B03-BB6D-042D2E36793E.jpegF67CB530-EE9D-411E-B8CE-698A64AD604A.jpeg

Last edited:

Grunty-Motor

Pit Crew
Drives
X3M, MX-5, R1250GS and zx6r track bike
looks ace! I was never adverse to those grills and now they just look ace! Lovely car.

Bring on an M3 Touring!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
looks ace! I was never adverse to those grills and now they just look ace! Lovely car.

Bring on an M3 Touring!

Same here. I’ve always liked the looks. Entertaining reading all the nay-sayers comments going from “they’ve ruined it. I’m never buying one” to “I’ve placed a deposit”.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
We need a good old report into what its like Chris, I have heard they are superb to drive. I also think the M4 is better looking than the M3 on this model, which I was leaning towards the M3 on the previous model!

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
E46 M3 Ruby 1 of 6, Audi TTRS Vorsprung
That is simply stunning, well played sir.

Denso

Tengocity

Test Pilot
Drives
Cayman 981 GT4, Cayman 987 S, BMW 340i tourer, BMW X3 M40i
It looks really really ace!

M4rkM

Test Pilot
Drives
M4 ZCP
Same here. I’ve always liked the looks. Entertaining reading all the nay-sayers comments going from “they’ve ruined it. I’m never buying one” to “I’ve placed a deposit”.

Not all!! Some even left the brand lolol

PORPMG

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Porsche Macan S
Congratulations Chris. That looks awesome. I think they’ve nailed the front end on the new 4.
Is it a year since you sold the F-type? Wow!
I can remember his F type being due to arrive. I do not remember any reports on what it was like????

RustyBitz

Tyre Kicker
Drives
X3M Comp
Looks amazing! We should definitely meet up for a drive :) not that I would keep up with that beast

DaveA

Boy Racer
Drives
BMW M135i xDrive
Apologies for the delay, been on my travels...

Absolutely loving that colour Chris and whilst everything is a personal taste thing, I do find that to be the most complimentary colour I have seen so far for the shape of the car... with he black trim and wheels it (to me, and I am sure to you, also) just works...

As an aside, I happened to be in the dealer yesterday (I trashed one of my alloy wheels and was getting the repair/replace options priced... I am not being too hard on myself... shit happens from time to time...)... Things seem, if anything, getting worse out there for people ordering new cars.... and I think the days of discounts (on factory orders, at least) are going to go... I suspect we will be moving to a system of set retail prices and that's be that, for factory orders.,.. Of course, cars in stock, then there may be some wriggle room...

The problem for me, with BMW's, is that the many ways in which you can spec a car with/without various options leads me more into the factory order line, rather than stick cars... But that may change in future...

What was interesting to me, being in the dealers, was a) how quiet it was (loads of space in the car park etc) and b) that many of the cars on the showroom floor were not available for sale as they were BMW's cars, not the dealers cars ordered in... so there was not much unregistered stock to deal on... (there was a pretty nice low mileage white M135i for anybody interested in one of those)...

I'm rambling, sorry...

Nice car.... Looking forwards to reading your thoughts...