Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

An unusual purchase !

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I have wanted one of these when they first came out, thought they looked very mad max and cool, I also thought they probably drive like sh1t as well!

Anyway it was an itch that needed to be scratched, and I am pleased to inform, that it does indeed drive like sh1t :) It wallows, its steering is vague at best, it's not got many creature comforts, no parking sensors (this thing is quite big and high) and its virtually impossible to get someone in the back with the roof on!

However, its an event in a slow way, you drive around with a non performance smile, and I think it is something very different, but more importantly very cool!

Not everyone's cup of tea, and it can be seen as a bit Daisy Duke! but its nice to try something different from time to time!

Last edited:

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
E46 M3 Ruby 1 of 6, Audi TTRS Vorsprung
I actually, think it looks quite cool but what the hell is it lol

Denso

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I actually, think it looks quite cool but what the hell is it lol

Denso
Well it started life as a jeep wrangler it then went straight to Khan (Chelsea truck company) from new to have an overfinch style makeover! Matt black paint, suspension, wheels, interior, sound system and engine tune etc and this is the result!

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
I think its pretty 👌

Denso

Grunty-Motor

Pit Crew
Drives
X3M, MX-5, R1250GS and zx6r track bike
if you were on it, you would now be off the xmas card list!

and to avoid any confusion, its a no from me!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
if you were on it, you would now be off the xmas card list!

and to avoid any confusion, its a no from me!
Lol- I won’t be buying another! It’s a bit of fun and it’s nice to try something a bit different!

Grunty-Motor

Pit Crew
Drives
X3M, MX-5, R1250GS and zx6r track bike
theres a guy at work who has an orange one and i was behind him one day in the MX5 (both taps aff) - it certainly appeared steering input was "advisory" rather than "directive"

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
Out of interest and going by the steering comments whats the cost for one of these, it may be cheaper than a hitman if ever decide to bump the missus off 😂

Denso

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
What’s the inside like?

Its pretty basic as its designed to be rained on, if caught out. Its got all the Chelsea Truck Bentley leather, heated seats, Sat Nav, all electrics etc and a mental Hi-Fi system that is seriously good. The worst thing is the faff to get the roof and doors off and the roof is heavy and then where do you put it!

Only interior shot I have at the Mo, as been out in it all day!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Spent all day in the Jeep with my Dad today, had a wicked day!

First off, was down-de-beach for a bit of football and then cod and chips.

Had a few beers in a few pubs

Then took in a bit Green laneing and after getting quite "rufty tufty" ended up in a corn field so had to go back again!

Quite surprised how many people love this thing, my Dad thought it was awesome and sometimes thats all that matters!

StuartK

Chief Engineer
I have wanted one of these when they first came out, thought they looked very mad max and cool, I also thought they probably drive like sh1t as well!

Anyway it was an itch that needed to be scratched, and I am pleased to inform, that it does indeed drive like sh1t :) It wallows, its steering is vague at best, it's not got many creature comforts, no parking sensors (this thing is quite big and high) and its virtually impossible to get someone in the back with the roof on!

However, its an event in a slow way, you drive around with a non performance smile, and I think it is something very different, but more importantly very cool!

Not everyone's cup of tea, and it can be seen as a bit Daisy Duke! but its nice to try something different from time to time!

I thought you had a wife?

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I’m not keen on that Kahn design wheel and it think it would look better on a slightly smaller wheel possibly 5 or 6 spoke type design.
Maybe, these are the 20’s and I think the 17’s with the bigger tyres can look a bit better, but that drives even worse, having said that in Chelsea truck world, big is better!

Senna11

Racing Driver
Maybe, these are the 20’s and I think the 17’s with the bigger tyres can look a bit better, but that drives even worse, having said that in Chelsea truck world, big is better!
Still got the C63?