Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Buying a used car is a pain in the arse!

Che

Test Pilot
Drives
R8 v10+
Love the colour and congrats! They are a hell of a lot of car for the money even in these daft times šŸ‘

isleaiw

Test Pilot
Drives
RS4 / Mini
I once had a yellow Nova SR (when everyone else was having XR2s) and I now have a fast Audi - so you can guess I am a fan....

C320

Tyre Kicker
Drives
F86 X6 M (SOLD), F30 320d, Mini R56 MCS
Congrats on the new motor.

I'm currently on the hunt for a car to replace the X6 M sized space on our drive, like you I'm finding it's a pain and all the cars I seem to shortlist are in the North (or Midlands).

I always like looking on AutoTrader and the approved used sites but buying for real is always more of a challenge with all of the stuff you mentioned right at the start of this thread as pet peeves of mine (non-premium tyres on premium cars, patchy history & patchy paintwork!) yet dealers / sellers say it's 'mint mate'!

C320

Tyre Kicker
Drives
F86 X6 M (SOLD), F30 320d, Mini R56 MCS
Yep agreed. The M5 came from a very reputable prestige dealer not far from me called James Glen. Theyā€™re famous for some guy from London trying to scam them out of a Porsche by taking a bounce back loan in their name (James Glenā€™s) and then saying that the subsequent payment into their account was from their business called BB Ltd (the payment showed in James Glenā€™s account as being from BBL).

They refurb all the wheels, service the car if it needs done and machine polish it before itā€™s collected and they know their stuff. I think the purchase experience of the M5 has spoiled me a bit and set my expectations higher then is realistic!

At the moment the white TTS from York is in lead just because, as you say @EvilDrPorkChop its backed up by a main dealer warranty.
Ah yes, I remember reading about that at the time, well done on them for spotting it at the time!

Like the sound of them as dealers, also like the bit on his site where it says, 'WeWontBuyAnycar.com'!

Little plug here as this business is run by the dad and brother of a good friend of mine but they often have some lovely machinery in stock and I can vouch for the quality of the cars they sell.

This W204 C63 AMG is a lovely thing... friend of mine recently bought one for a last petrol hurrah and what an engine it is!

Thanks, that's good to know, cars from them come up often when I'm searching for stuff, good to know that they are known as being decent - not a million miles away from me either!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ ā€¢ Taycan GTS
Got this a short while ago.

Bit obvious but a nice touch none-the-less. Genuinely astounded by how good Arnold Clark have been so far. I'm half expecting the rear axle to fall off on the drive home tomorrow just to balance things out.

Last edited:

EvilDrPorkChop

Test Pilot
Drives
Porsche Cayman

Bit obvious but a nice touch none-the-less. Genuinely astounded by how good Arnold Clark have been so far. I'm half expecting the rear axle to fall off on the drive home tomorrow just to balance things out.

Have they not gone in with the hard sell for the finance, gap, paint protection and warranty yet? šŸ˜‚

Tbh I refuse to buy a car off those scumbags!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Have they not gone in with the hard sell for the finance, gap, paint protection and warranty yet? šŸ˜‚

Tbh I refuse to buy a car off those scumbags!

I did it once, around 20 years ago and vowed never to do it again but I have to say the guy Iā€™m dealing with at this dealership have been spot on. Never offered me any of those things. Just took it as read that I wouldnā€™t be interested and had them all marked with an X on the paperwork.

Problem is all of these large volume dealers are pretty much shite. Theyā€™re inescapable, but so far so good. (touch wood).

The guy in the video isnā€™t the guy Iā€™ve been dealing with, he must think Iā€™m a right twat if I need to know how to turn the lights on!

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
E46 M3 Ruby 1 of 6, Audi TTRS Vorsprung

Enjoy pick up day, this was my video that i got. I think your video was much better (y)

Denso

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Enjoy pick up day, this was my video that i got. I think your video was much better (y)

Denso

How the heck will you know how to turn your lights on???? The man never showed you!

What do you think will come off faster? The Arnold Clark rear window sticker on mine or the stuck on ā€œSā€ on your fuel cap? šŸ˜‚

I see you have the alcantara seats you lucky devil, I would have loved those but donā€™t think they did them on earlier cars.

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
E46 M3 Ruby 1 of 6, Audi TTRS Vorsprung
How the heck will you know how to turn your lights on???? The man never showed you!

What do you think will come off faster? The Arnold Clark rear window sticker on mine or the stuck on ā€œSā€ on your fuel cap? šŸ˜‚

I see you have the alcantara seats you lucky devil, I would have loved those but donā€™t think they did them on earlier cars.

Hahaha, i was thinking the stuck on S was cheesy enough to keep. I will work on it ;)

Denso

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Iā€™ve been awake since 4:30am. Washed the M5 last night as it was filthy and knew it would be neglected all weekend. Went to the shops whilst the wife was still in bed and the kids still in their jammies.

Iā€™m now looking at the M5 all shiney in the sunshine half-wondering why Iā€™m buying another car whilst getting annoyed that everyoneā€™s not getting ready quick enough to go pick this new motor up!

EvilDrPorkChop

Test Pilot
Drives
Porsche Cayman
Iā€™ve been awake since 4:30am. Washed the M5 last night as it was filthy and knew it would be neglected all weekend. Went to the shops whilst the wife was still in bed and the kids still in their jammies.

Iā€™m now looking at the M5 all shiney in the sunshine half-wondering why Iā€™m buying another car whilst getting annoyed that everyoneā€™s not getting ready quick enough to go pick this new motor up!
You mean you hadn't already set off? šŸ˜‚