Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Build Moonstone's R8 V10+

Doing a build thread? Highlight it!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
I bought some rare 16M Carbon headlights. They are like gold dust and cost £6.5k each when you could get them! Anyway they all have a flaw in that the inside lens has a UV coating which crazes with age and makes the lenses look a little misty. So I managed to get hold of a set and split them which was an absolute mare, but I did it, the adhesive used was shocking stuff that had to be cut out so carefully with a blade, took me hours!. Then had the lens polished and then the outside PPF'd and are now perfect and ready to bond back together.

16M?

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
IMG_6407.jpeg

The lip spoiler isn’t doing it for me so I’ve got a wing on order. Also looking at a carbon fibre fuel filler cap and seats are waiting to go into the trimmers. It’s all go for the summer!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
IMG_6628.jpegIMG_6630.jpegIMG_6622.jpegCouldn’t wait so spent an hour after work sorting it out. Really pleased with this. For such a small thing it really makes a big difference to the overall look.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
I think I'd like to get the wheels done in a brighter silver as well. Like proper Hyper Silver or Porsche Satin Silver.

Last edited:

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I think I'd like to get the wheels down in a brighter silver as well. Like proper Hyper Silver or Porsche Satin Silver.

Im not sure I would do that, the wheels as they are look really nice. Think they would look nice bronze / Wiess gold as well!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Im not sure I would do that, the wheels as they are look really nice. Think they would look nice bronze / Wiess gold as well!
I'm definitely doing it. Did a photoshop and love how clean they look. I feel the current finish just looks as if they need a clean all the time!

1712910284803.jpeg

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Does look good and they do look bigger, I just can't go back to silver wheels at the moment, I just find them to blingy!

I know what you mean. If the Taycan didn't have black wheels I' probably do them in black but I really do like the silver.

black.jpg

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Any chance you can photoshop my wheels silver and gold please. I fancy a change!

Last edited: