Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Build Moonstone's R8 V10+

Doing a build thread? Highlight it!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
Looks amazing, what wheels are they?

Thanks mate. They’re Veemann VC580R. They’re a copy of a Vorsteiner wheel but I don’t think Vorsteiner make them any more. I really wanted BBS CI-Rs but couldn’t afford them along with decent tyres. Especially at this time of year.

I got these for an absolute steal. LKPerformance quoted £1350 and I hung on till Black Friday looking for a deal. Nothing from LK on these or any of the other dealers but then Veemann launched a deal direct on their website selling off inventory. Ended up only costing me £650!

Che

Test Pilot
Drives
R8 v10+
Thanks mate. They’re Veemann VC580R. They’re a copy of a Vorsteiner wheel but I don’t think Vorsteiner make them any more. I really wanted BBS CI-Rs but couldn’t afford them along with decent tyres. Especially at this time of year.

I got these for an absolute steal. LKPerformance quoted £1350 and I hung on till Black Friday looking for a deal. Nothing from LK on these or any of the other dealers but then Veemann launched a deal direct on their website selling off inventory. Ended up only costing me £650!
That’s a fookin bargain! 😃

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
That’s a fookin bargain! 😃

Couldn't believe it. Lets face it, at that price they'r obviously cast, rather than flow-formed, but I've had two sets of Veemann wheels before on my RS5 and M4 and they've been fine. They're also lighter than the factory wheels (which I'm keeping).

Went with Conti Sport Contact 7s this time around instead of the PS4S.

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
E46 M3 Ruby 1 of 6, Audi TTRS Vorsprung
Couldn't believe it. Lets face it, at that price they'r obviously cast, rather than flow-formed, but I've had two sets of Veemann wheels before on my RS5 and M4 and they've been fine. They're also lighter than the factory wheels (which I'm keeping).

Went with Conti Sport Contact 7s this time around instead of the PS4S.

Wheels look lovely and nice to see that you got a great bargain. Will be interesting to hear your thoughts on the Conti 7’s i had the Conti 6’s on the TTS and couldn’t wait to get rid of them, I have read good things about the 7’s but would like to hear your thoughts rather than a sponsored journo.

Denso

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Had an unfortunate incident in my garden where I forgot to put the car in neutral. Long story short my front splitter lost an argument with the edging of my flower border. Had to fit a new one. Which was as much of a pain in the arse as the first time

Gave it a wash whilst I was at it. Paintwork is just awesome on this with lots of PPF on it as well.

I’ve got 5mm spacers to go on the rear wheels and a carbon lip on order. Which I’m not sure about but I’ll see what it’s like when it arrives.

Quick fanny about with iMovie on my phone to show off the shiney-shiney…

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Thats lovely. seriously nice, but I gonna say it - the only thing I am on the fence with, is the Silver wheels, just a bit to blingy for me!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Looking really good mate, bet you can’t wait for spring! 😃

I’m still driving it at the minute but I’m definitely looking forward to Spring so I can get some proper miles on some good driving roads.

Reactions: Che

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
IMG_5450 (1).jpeg

Fitted a carbon rear lip but I'm not sure if I like it. From this angle I do. From others, not so much. I might get it painted red to see if I like it better.

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
E46 M3 Ruby 1 of 6, Audi TTRS Vorsprung
Loving the black carbon, it goes really well with the other black accents. Car is looking sweet 👌

Denso

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Spoiler painted and fitted. Moved the rings down a bit so that they're horizontally re-centred on the rear panel below the lip.

IMG_5779.jpg

IMG_5780.jpg

Before and After (left to right)

Rear-comparison.jpg

I think this is a far cleaner look than leaving it carbon as the black line that it created across the rear was just a bit too bold and it made the back end look squashed in my eyes.