Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Build Moonstone's R8 V10+

Doing a build thread? Highlight it!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
Nothing much to report on the modding front. Still doing wee jobs hear and there. Drivers door needed an adjustment. Cured a minor rattle in the rear parcel shelf and the drives sill cover trim, which I discovered was down to every-but-one clip being snapped! Replaced these and all sorted.

The next big thing will be getting the Maxton kit on but I’m weeks away from getting a necessary part make that work.

Interestingly, the car had been throwing an intermittent fault code for cam position on the exhaust bank. This would crop up almost every time I’d taken it for a spirited drive. Since I got it back from Audi it’s never returned and the car had been perfect ever since. Expert consensus is it may have been a fault spark plug. That was a big niggle that may have resulted in an engine-out job to fix, so I’m pleased it’s been cured.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Nothing much to report on the modding front. Still doing wee jobs hear and there. Drivers door needed an adjustment. Cured a minor rattle in the rear parcel shelf and the drives sill cover trim, which I discovered was down to every-but-one clip being snapped! Replaced these and all sorted.

The next big thing will be getting the Maxton kit on but I’m weeks away from getting a necessary part make that work.

Interestingly, the car had been throwing an intermittent fault code for cam position on the exhaust bank. This would crop up almost every time I’d taken it for a spirited drive. Since I got it back from Audi it’s never returned and the car had been perfect ever since. Expert consensus is it may have been a fault spark plug. That was a big niggle that may have resulted in an engine-out job to fix, so I’m pleased it’s been cured.
When you bought the car did you know it had a few issues or have they come to light since. Seems like it’s had a fair few niggles.

The cars in good hands though and glad they are getting sorted.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
When you bought the car did you know it had a few issues or have they come to light since. Seems like it’s had a fair few niggles.

The cars in good hands though and glad they are getting sorted.

The seller had paid just over a grand to change an aircon pressure sensor and a camshaft solenoid before he sold it to me but it turns out neither fully cured either issue. The V Belt and tensioner was a bit of a surprise.

Chance you take with a private sale unfortunately.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Ill take a look thanks.

You enjoying the V10?

OMG. YES! I’ll be honest, as good as the Taycan is and every time I drive it I think about how good it is, if I had to get rid of one then the Porsche would be gone in a heart beat. The R8 is the best car I’ve ever owned. You’ll know what I mean when to comes to the Ferrari.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
OMG. YES! I’ll be honest, as good as the Taycan is and every time I drive it I think about how good it is, if I had to get rid of one then the Porsche would be gone in a heart beat. The R8 is the best car I’ve ever owned. You’ll know what I mean when to comes to the Ferrari.

Yep I do. I adore my Ferrari, it just makes you feel like nothing else I've ever had, its a sublime drive as well - still gives me Goosebumps getting in it!

I am not feeling the Range Rover at all, as good as it is (and as a mode of luxury transport it is very good and I totally get the Hybrid attraction) but its just so boring!! I would much, much, much rather take the JCW, I don't think its going to get used much!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Been a bit quiet of late. My dad died last Sunday. He had been suffering from lung cancer for the last couple of years, but he seems to have so many peaks and troughs in terms of infections and short stints in the hospital to recover before getting out, that his passing took me by surprise. I've been in shock and heart-broken. I've never lost a close family member before.

Anyway, I'm over the worst of the grief and starting to feel a bit normal again. Decided to cheer myself up and get my interior bits trimmed. Going for alcantara and red stitching. Stripped out the bits this afternoon, ready to drop off at the trimmer tomorrow.

IMG_4908.jpeg

IMG_4909.jpeg

This is what I'm going for, but with red stitching.

R8 Cabin.jpg

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
2023 G80 M3 Competition X-Drive
Sorry for your loss mate.

Feel the need to chat, just reach out x.

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
E46 M3 Ruby 1 of 6, Audi TTRS Vorsprung
Sorry to hear about the loss of your father 🙏

Denso

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
I should have a few juicy updates soon. Seat belts are away being colour changed to dark red. I’m in the middle of Dynamatting a rake of trim whilst the car’s in bits and I should hopefully get my retrimmed bits back soon.

Add to that, I finally took delivery of a standard R8 front lip that replaces the factory V10+ splitter so I can FINALLY fit my Maxton splitter and side skirts.

And I’m looking wheels! Waiting for the Black Friday deals to kick in.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
IMG_5009.jpeg

Got my front splitter on today. I know I’m spending money to make my V10+ look like a normal V10 but I just think it looks better with the black and red theme and the more aggressive Maxton splitter.

Had to pay £400 for a crappy standard gloss black lip to replace the factory carbon splitter so the maxton one would fit!