Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Build Moonstone's R8 V10+

Doing a build thread? Highlight it!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
IMG_5071.jpegIMG_5067.jpegIMG_5070.jpegBelts fitted and trim pieces back on. I treated them all with Dynamat before sticking them back in as I was getting a couple of minor rattles from that area. Not major but I’m attuned to these things and they end up annoying me.

I also swapped out, the now redundant, AMI unit for an OEM cubby hole. It’s an A6 part that’s found in the glovebox of that car.

Looking forward to getting my interior trims back so I can rebuilt the rest of the interior.

Last edited:

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
E46 M3 Ruby 1 of 6, Audi TTRS Vorsprung
Its coming together really lovely, any thoughts of a seat retrim or replacement?

Denso

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Its coming together really lovely, any thoughts of a seat retrim or replacement?

Denso

I’ll be replacing the seats at some point. Either TTRS/TTS mk3 or wingbacks. Will be expensive because I need to buy the seats and pay for a retrim. So will probably be the last thing on the list.

Last edited:

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
IMG_5074.jpeg

Got my Maxton side skirts on earlier as well. Made sure to cut a rectangular slot in each to allow access to the jacking point on each side.

Just had time to stick them in place with VHB tape before I had to leave it for the day, but I’ve drilled holes in the skirt so I can either pop rivet them on or use self-tappers. I was going to rivet them but I’m leaning towards self tapping screws now just in case they ever need to come back off.

Last edited:

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
E46 M3 Ruby 1 of 6, Audi TTRS Vorsprung
Wow, what a difference. Looks great 👍

Denso

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
IMG_5172.jpeg

Wheels are on!

I’ll definitely need to lower this car. Front is fine but arch gap on the rear is massive. Especially with these wheels being on.

Last edited:

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
That looks amazing. From these couple of pictures it looks bang on. You have to be careful when lowering this type of car their overhang on them makes them bottom out more than you’d like and puts you on edge!

Having priced the options yesterday I don’t think I’ll bother!

XAlp

Test Pilot
Drives
Volvo XC90 T6
Stupid q - could you use fatter tyres at the rear if it’s bothering you - hot rod style?!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Stupid q - could you use fatter tyres at the rear if it’s bothering you - hot rod style?!

Looked at that but it disrupts the rolling radius’s between the front and rear axel and causes issues with the Quattro diff, according to the expert.