Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Build Moonstone's R8 V10+

Doing a build thread? Highlight it!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
Looks amazing. Not I would be happy drilling out an airbag! Who did the steering wheel and airbag?
Also who do you use for car mats?

A seller on Aliexpress did the airbag cover for me and royal Steering wheels did the wheel.

Funnily enough, I’ve just ordered a set of mats from a seller on Etsy. They popped up on a search and are the first OEM look ones that have the proper R8 logo on them.

XAlp

Test Pilot
Drives
Volvo XC90 T6
Ignorant question. What is Aliexpress? I’ve heard of it but don’t know about it.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Ignorant question. What is Aliexpress? I’ve heard of it but don’t know about it.

Alibaba.com is site that’s been around for ages and was set up to connect Chinese manufacturers to international retailers and wholesalers.

Aliexpress.com is an extension of that where the same Chinese companies can sell directly to the public. It’s been around for donkeys years now. It’s a bit like eBay.

Etsy is a competitor, again. Bit like eBay.

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
E46 M3 Ruby 1 of 6, Audi TTRS Vorsprung
This must have been your Brunei twin brother, saw this on the road to the office the other morning. Might manage a better picture if i see it again.

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Denso

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
IMG_4716.jpg

Got the car back from Audi and it is running so smooth. At idle before it was a bit lumpy. Now it's perfect.

I'm waiting on a standard front lip trim so that I can fit the Maxton bits. Been looking at wheels but with winter approaching, I'm not in a hurry. All the wee jobs to replace any bits that weren't perfect are pretty much done (carbon door handle, under bonnet trim, alarm horn, under-body air guides etc). I might dechrome the headlights because I'm a dab hand at that having done it a few times before.

Anyway in terms of what's next - Maxton kit and either interior bits retrimmed or rear wing. Loving driving this thing. It is next level compared to anything I've had before!

Last edited:

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Wrapped black for me. Makes the car more aggressive, ties in better with the black details / blades and makes it look lower

XAlp

Test Pilot
Drives
Volvo XC90 T6
No roof wrap for me!
Dechrome - the insides of the headlights?

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
did it with my m5 and m4. If you check those build threads you’ll see the process.
I want to do that on my 430 and also de-tango, but just removing the headlights alone is a faff. It’s something I might do this winter if I take a brave pill!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
I want to do that on my 430 and also de-tango, but just removing the headlights alone is a faff. It’s something I might do this winter if I take a brave pill!

If you can get new lenses beforehand it’s a much easier job.

Last edited:

Che

Test Pilot
Drives
R8 v10+
Prefer it without the wrap personally.

Hate to thing how much new lenses would be lol!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
About £300 for a pair. Audi don’t sell them separately so you need to go aftermarket.

Did a photoshop. Doesn’t work. Because of the black vents below the headlights, they just get lost so I’m sticking with OEM.

Took the drivers door card off and stuck some dynamat on it as well as a wee repair on the catch for the door pull cable.

Last edited: