Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Build Moonstone's R8 V10+

Doing a build thread? Highlight it!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
Be wary of the brake nipples, lincoln Audi did me for nearly £500 to get the 3 seized ones replaced. They then tried to do me for another best case £200, worst case £1300 to sort out the pad wear sensor warning light that wouldn’t go off.
I got it home and isolated which wheel it was, cleaned the connector loom/sensor pins with electrical contact cleaner and sorted it myself. Cost £5.
They we’re trying to get me to replace sensors and looms!

You’ve got the big service unfortunately but for the following 3 years you’ll be looking around £500 to £750 per annum 👍

I actually forgot about that! Remember you posting up about this. Its not in till the end of the month. I might have a look to see if they can be loosened off before it goes in. Least then I'll know ahead of time what to expect.

Last edited:
Reactions: Che

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
This car is going a bit like my M4. Some wee niggles that need sorted.

9 faults on the AC and noisey/inconsistent blowers but otherwise working ok. Had to be the climate control unit itself. Replacement arrived. Switched it over last night. Problem solved. £450 lighter for the privilege though and that was for a used one!

IMG_4440.jpeg

Last edited:

Grunty-Motor

Pit Crew
Drives
X3M, MX-5, R1250GS and zx6r track bike
at this rate, your man maths will kick in and tell to buy new next time!

Che

Test Pilot
Drives
R8 v10+
This car is going a bit like my M4. Some wee niggles that need sorted.

9 faults on the AC and noisey/inconsistent blowers but otherwise working ok. Had to be the climate control unit self. Replacement arrived. Switched it over last night. Problem solved. £450 lighter for the privilege though and that was for a used one!

View attachment 3168
That’s a pain mate! Hopefully nothing else too expensive 🤞

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Wee half hour job. Only part of the interior to let it down was a broken passenger door handle (the carbon bit wouldn’t click in place properly) and the switch trim was all scratched at the bottom (presumably where someone had tried to glue the door handle to fix it

IMG_4506.jpeg

IMG_4508.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Che

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
2023 G80 M3 Competition X-Drive
I ordered some MP dust caps.

Just wow mate. Can’t wait to see it all on.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
i am guessing that is under a cover....but my cleaning OCD would be having a frenzy!

Had to change the alarm siren. Common fault but it lives under the aircon box. So all the covers need to come back off, frunk removed and airbox out. Gave it all a clean whilst I was at it.

Before
1694547660890.jpeg

After
IMG_4513.jpeg

Last edited:

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
Yeah but your car's shiny and brand new. This is older than my youngest kid, so there's things to do!

Mate, you're a modder though and handy at it.

It's only the cost putting me off, or I'd have it dripping in carbon.

I love your build threads!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Mate, you're a modder though and handy at it.

It's only the cost putting me off, or I'd have it dripping in carbon.

I love your build threads!

Resist my friend. It's not worth it in my view. The gloss black looks just as good if not better. My personal opinion is that the visual impact over the gloss black bits just isnt worth the outlay. I'm actually getting my factory carbon rear diffuser painted in gloss black! (because it's got a crack in it).

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
Resist my friend. It's not worth it in my view. The gloss black looks just as good if not better. My personal opinion is that the visual impact over the gloss black bits just isnt worth the outlay.

I agree in principle, but carbon wears better and I dislike PPF, plus the mods kill my insurance.

I've a good detailler and he's got it next week and giving it a 9 year coating, but can machine polish any marks as we go along.

Cheap lip ordered and then take a breath for me.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
I agree in principle, but carbon wears better and I dislike PPF, plus the mods kill my insurance.

I've a good detailler and he's got it next week and giving it a 9 year coating, but can machine polish any marks as we go along.

Cheap lip ordered and then take a breath for me.

You're right it definitely does wear better.