Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Build The TT Thread

Doing a build thread? Highlight it!

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
E46 M3 Ruby 1 of 6, Audi TTRS Vorsprung
Replied (y)

Denso

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
I like that, mine is going to be a bit different as i am keeping the outer black panel as OEM look. Cant wait until 10th of October and the car has been to Protek for paint. Decided this short term car has now become a long term car so going to get it exactly as i want it.

Denso

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
It’s still the weirdest looking engine bay ever. It looks like there’s something missing!
There is a lot of room in there!
I like that, mine is going to be a bit different as i am keeping the outer black panel as OEM look. Cant wait until 10th of October and the car has been to Protek for paint. Decided this short term car has now become a long term car so going to get it exactly as i want it.

Denso
What you doing next mate?

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
Wings, bonnet, front bumper, rear bumper all being painted. Engine cover is going white, acid green and black. Still mulling over the new turbo.

Denso

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
Wings, bonnet, front bumper, rear bumper all being painted. Engine cover is going white, acid green and black. Still mulling over the new turbo.

Denso

How come you’re getting your rear bumper painted? Isn’t that brand new?

I’m the same as you. I think I’m going to keep this for a while so I’m going to go full tilt with this one. Especially if I’m going to end up with an EV as my daily driver.

I’ve got a new RS front grill on order and as it’s a bumper off job I might retrofit front parking sensors at the same time. Been toying with new wheels as well, will do the pads and discs, intake and I might be tempted to go stage 2 with it. Want the aesthetics fully sorted first though. I might go for an interior re-trim in yellow stitching at some point as well.

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
How come you’re getting your rear bumper painted? Isn’t that brand new?

I’m the same as you. I think I’m going to keep this for a while so I’m going to go full tilt with this one. Especially if I’m going to end up with an EV as my daily driver.

I’ve got a new RS front grill on order and as it’s a bumper off job I might retrofit front parking sensors at the same time. Been toying with new wheels as well, will do the pads and discs, intake and I might be tempted to go stage 2 with it. Want the aesthetics fully sorted first though. I might go for an interior re-trim in yellow stitching at some point as well.

The rear bumper paint job isn’t up to snuff for me and i want it redone. I trusted Protek with Ruby and they didn’t let me down, so it just made sense to get it perfect when doing everything else. I like your list but i am just going to stay with my front grill as it has been taken off, bumper trimmed and seems to fit a bit better (still not perfect though,

On another note, got a puncture and had no choice but to go into kwik fit. The end result was eye watering,

7F932E98-8C20-464F-8757-77866AFC0659.jpeg

Needless to say a full claim is being processed.

Denso

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
All of these fast-fit places are hopeless. The thing that really gets me is why so many of them try to lever the centre cap off with a screwdriver rather than knock it out from the back. I've had two places have to pay for wheel refurbs because of that. I also had National Tyres pay for a wheel bearing replacement after they knackered one on an old A5. Never used any of them since. I get that that I'm tarring a whole industry with the same brush but I'd rather not risk it.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Bought some new wheels today. OEM Audi TTRS 20", fully forged and totally refurbed. Landed a bit of a bargain so had to snap it up.

IMG_0887.JPEG

IMG_0879.JPEG

IMG_0877.jpg

IMG_0886.JPEG

My new front grill arrived today as well but there's no crash bar cover on it, like the current one I have so I'll need to combine them and so it's a longer job that can wait!

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
Nice, watching the mew grill install with interest.

Denso

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Nice, watching the mew grill install with interest.

Denso

It comes complete with the most laughable bad TTRS logo on the front! The guy I bought the wheels from has an absolutely stunning facelift TTRS in Turbo Blue complete with the newer style wing. I gave it a prod. There's a wee bit of flex in it as well but nothing like the rubber band effect on mine!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Bought some new wheels today. OEM Audi TTRS 20", fully forged and totally refurbed. Landed a bit of a bargain so had to snap it up.

View attachment 2552

View attachment 2550

View attachment 2549

View attachment 2551

My new front grill arrived today as well but there's no crash bar cover on it, like the current one I have so I'll need to combine them and so it's a longer job that can wait!

That looks bang on, Love it!! - what are you doing with your old wheels

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
I was actually thinking of changing mine from these raised ones to flat graphics, they have never really sat with me a 100% in how they look 🤷‍♂️

They might look cool if your new bumper has a deeper recess for them

3B7FA22D-5956-4C79-BFC7-90160264B4C3.jpeg

Denso

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
New bumper doesn’t have a recess. OEM one doesn’t either. I actually took the letters off my RS5 when I had it. Preferred the look without them, but I’ve got paint and figured these will be easier to line up properly before I fit the grill. If I’m not convinced I’ll whip them back off.