Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Build The TT Thread

Doing a build thread? Highlight it!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
That yellow lettering really pops

Yeah I wasn’t sure if I’d like it or not. I actually owned a B9 RS5 a couple of years back and I removed the letters on it as I thought it looked a bit busy, but I really like this.

233F2EF5-CF05-4DFC-BE29-345D5623E603.jpeg

Frizzley

Tyre Kicker
Drives
TTS Roaster
Yeah I wasn’t sure if I’d like it or not. I actually owned a B9 RS5 a couple of years back and I removed the letters on it as I thought it looked a bit busy, but I really like this.

View attachment 2934
How did you get them nicely lined up and evenly spaced out?

I’ve seen the set that came with the grill but it looks like you have to take them off the sheet and apply them individually

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
I measured the width of the grill and the height of the bottom section and took a centre point. Then measured the letters with a 2mm spacing between them and that then gave me a starting point from the left hand side. I measured about 18mm down from the top and marked a line with tape.

Then used a 2mm spacer between each letter. When placing the Ts, I lined these up with the rest of the preceding letters from the bottom.

Last edited:

Frizzley

Tyre Kicker
Drives
TTS Roaster
I measured the width of the grill and the height of the bottom section and took a centre point. Then measured the letters with a 2mm spacing between them and that then gave me a starting point from the left hand side. I measured about 18mm down from the top and marked a line with tape.

Then used a 2m spacer between each letter. When placing the Ts, I lined these up with the rest of the preceding letters from the bottom.
Cheers - looks Like another job that will keep me busy(y)

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
E46 M3 Ruby 1 of 6, Audi TTRS Vorsprung
Raceline R600 intake fitted.

Denso

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
E46 M3 Ruby 1 of 6, Audi TTRS Vorsprung
TyreFrontRear
255/30 R20 92Y XL2.6bar
260kpa
38psi
2.2bar
220kpa
32psi

Same as moonstone for me.

Denso

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
TyreFrontRear
255/30 R20 92Y XL2.6bar
260kpa
38psi
2.2bar
220kpa
32psi

Same as moonstone for me.

Denso

Thanks both, I knew these pressures but the backs seem really low to be able to handle the pot holes?

Frizzley

Tyre Kicker
Drives
TTS Roaster
Time to turn my attention to the exterior. Was going to start with the badges but a set of the 5 spoke blade rims turned up for a sensible price so quick change of plan. First job was to get them refurbished - picked them up at the weekend and am well pleased with the results. In the meantime found some Audi Sport decals which I applied this morning x be interesting to see if / how long these last

This afternoons job was is to get the new rims onto the car but it’s decided to start raining so that will have to wait until it stops.

3F248014-C9FA-4620-8906-C51EAD0D890B.jpeg6901A72D-8DF7-4A6F-B5DB-031E7BCF7196.jpeg

Last edited:

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Off to Audi to get some service bits

....and then MOT time

Rather interestingly, I am de-catted, K&N and a down pipe so I must be stage 2. I have just ordered the Racing line Filter as recommended then I'll have it custom mapped for hopefully 400bhp!

Last edited:

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Off to Audi to get some service bits

....and then MOT time

Rather interestingly, I am de-catted, K&N and a down pipe so I must be stage 2. I have just ordered the Racing line Filter as recommended then I'll have it custom mapped for hopefully 400bhp!

If you’re running a decat and a down pipe that means you’ve no middle resonator, same as me. I’m surprised you thought the sound was standard!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
If you’re running a decat and a down pipe that means you’ve no middle resonator, same as me. I’m surprised you thought the sound was standard!

This is the first 4 pot TT I have ever been near, so I had no idea what a standard one sounded like. Only really know what the RS sounds like. Whilist it was on the ramp I took a couple of pictures, the tester said something has been cut out, but you might be able to tell?

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
It’s still there. Usually when a de-cat is done the resonator delete is done at the same time. Most decat kits come with a resonator delete pipe.

That’s just my understanding from looking around online recently though. I’m a bit new to this stuff myself.