Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Build The TT Thread

Doing a build thread? Highlight it!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
It’s still there. Usually when a de-cat is done the resonator delete is done at the same time. Most decat kits come with a resonator delete pipe.

That’s just my understanding from looking around online recently though. I’m a bit new to this stuff myself.

Yeah I don't know either, that's why I am just going to get it to someone who does. Something has been cut out here though?

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
E46 M3 Ruby 1 of 6, Audi TTRS Vorsprung
Well this got expensive quickly, water leak was much worse than expected.

Denso

Frizzley

Tyre Kicker
Drives
TTS Roaster
Well this got expensive quickly, water leak was much worse than expected.

Denso

Denso

cant get any sound On the vid - is it my browser.

Re the leak - Common problem on the mark 3 unfortunately -

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
Sound seems to have crashed (n) basically the gist of it is the water had gotten into most of the contacts and it required 5 hours work to fix.

Common problem, you are absolutely correct even the AUDI garage said it is a common issue but no goodwill gesture towards the cost available from Audi:mad:

Denso

Frizzley

Tyre Kicker
Drives
TTS Roaster
Nothin
Sound seems to have crashed (n) basically the gist of it is the water had gotten into most of the contacts and it required 5 hours work to fix.

Common problem, you are absolutely correct even the AUDI garage said it is a common issue but no goodwill gesture towards the cost available from Audi:mad:

Denso
no surprises there then - did they identify the source of the leak

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
Yes, it was the seal at the passenger side of the boot recess. The cost of parts was £700 to fix a leak from a £45 plastic trim piece with an integral seal in it.

Denso

Frizzley

Tyre Kicker
Drives
TTS Roaster
Yes, it was the seal at the passenger side of the boot recess. The cost of parts was £700 to fix a leak from a £45 plastic trim piece with an integral seal in it.

Denso
😳😳😳😳😳😳

Frizzley

Tyre Kicker
Drives
TTS Roaster
Looking good. I am not a fan of blingy wheels and silver bits, but I love all the Yellow and black Mods, its a lovely car.
Cheers - the silver bits are slowly being updated - got a new grill and sourced a diffuser + black badges are on naturally on the to do list too.

I don’t mind the odd bit of silver as in the right places I think it can help break large ares of black up and but when i take the bumper off I’m going to have a look at the other grills on the front as well.

The black y spokes are one of my fav rims but as they are 20s i ruled them out given I hated the ride with 20s on my TTRS.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Cheers - the silver bits are slowly being updated - got a new grill and sourced a diffuser + black badges are on naturally on the to do list too.

I don’t mind the odd bit of silver as in the right places I think it can help break large ares of black up and but when i take the bumper off I’m going to have a look at the other grills on the front as well.

The black y spokes are one of my fav rims but as they are 20s i ruled them out given I hated the ride with 20s on my TTRS.

Yes the 20's are harsh, its a shame our roads are so crashy because on the right surface they are really nice, taught and do handle better.

Looking forward to the updates though. Looks mint and best colour!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I am thinking about having the bottom front bumper wrapped or painted like the Shop job I just done below, what are your thoughts??

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
I am thinking about having the bottom front bumper wrapped or painted like the Shop job I just done below, what are your thoughts??

i like it but then i am a bit biased lol

74913AD3-D958-4D92-8B92-00837BF0B37E.jpeg

Denso

Frizzley

Tyre Kicker
Drives
TTS Roaster

i really like that, makes the front end look more aggressive / TTRS looking.

Personal preference would be to also paint the lower grill black and right up to the fold / crease either side under the side grills as Denso had done which ties everything nicely together

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
Just fitting mine @moonstone did you consider running that breather pipe underneath the air box rather than over, it looks like its supposed to, but it does appear to kink the pipe quite a lot at the right had connection?

No. If you want to do that, there's an alternative hose from APR that many folk use to replace it.