Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Build The TT Thread

Doing a build thread? Highlight it!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
Both look awesome mate. Have you went for the R600 now or later in the build? Intercooler seems to have a made a difference but the proof will be when we get back on the dyno later this week and do some tweaks.

Denso

Not yet. I’m definitely going for one though.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
So whats your thoughts on these then guys., just a few niggles and feedback from me:
  • The engine is a bit Frantic and crude when you are more used to nice smooth straight 6's and V8's
  • Its made me realize I'm still not a Turbo fan, still love NA's and the crisp throttle response.
  • I find the suspension quite "Thudy" on harsh roads and pot holes. The car being small also acts like a base box and emphasises it I think!
  • I just cannot get comfortable in this, where I want the seat the steering wheel just will not reach enough.
  • The heated Seats decals light up in your wing mirrors at night!
  • Seat belt buffers badly over 40mph with the window down.
  • Not to sure on the noise it makes, however it makes better sounding farts on gear change than an M4!!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
So whats your thoughts on these then guys., just a few niggles and feedback from me:
  • The engine is a bit Frantic and crude when you are more used to nice smooth straight 6's and V8's
I agree with this. You need to work the gears a bit. There's been times when it's bogged down in lower gear as I've hit the brakes and then want to take off again. Are you using S mode on auto rather than just D? Bear in mind it's only a 2 litre so it always going to be frantic. Your remap will be a factor as well.

• Its made me realize I'm still not a Turbo fan, still love NA's and the crisp throttle response.
Again. Need to work the gears. The manual in my Golf R (same engine) felt more responsive than auto mode on the DSG. I'm considering one of the transmission tunes. I find its much more responsive in S than in D though.

• I find the suspension quite "Thudy" on harsh roads and pot holes. The car being small also acts like a base box and emphasises it I think!
Have you played with the Mag-ride settings? I usually have Individual mode set to everything sport apart from the suspension. Your on 19s and I'm on 20s so its even worse but many people actually go up a tyre profile (without reducing wheel size) for this reason.

The right is one of the reasons that I've avoided lowering it so far.

• I just cannot get comfortable in this, where I want the seat the steering wheel just will not reach enough.
Seating position definitely tales some getting used to. I feel further away from the dash than I do on other cars and have the steering wheel pulled quite far out. Took me a while to find the best set-up.

• The heated Seats decals light up in your wing mirrors at night!
Not had this issue. You must have your mirrors pointing in further than me.

• Seat belt buffers badly over 40mph with the window down.
I just raise the window up a tad when I'm going fast enough for that to happen.

• Not to sure on the noise it makes, however it makes better sounding farts on gear change than an M4!!
If you get the resonator deleted and the revs are high the fart noise it makes is very loud!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Glad its not just me!!

Another copy with pride job today, Can you guess what it is yet!!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
It's coming along. Did you get the VHT stuff I mentioned?

PS - I DEMAND YOU GET YOUR REAR DIFUSSER PAINTED IN GLOSS BLACK TO MATCH YOUR REAR SPATS.

And I've got my old one sitting in the shed ready for you to send off for painting. I'll sell you for what I paid for it (106 quid).

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
It's coming along. Did you get the VHT stuff I mentioned?

PS - I DEMAND YOU GET YOUR REAR DIFUSSER PAINTED IN GLOSS BLACK TO MATCH YOUR REAR SPATS.

And I've got my old one sitting in the shed ready for you to send off for painting. I'll sell you for what I paid for it (106 quid).

Yes mate I used the same paint you mention, good stuff and it went on well, long messy job though! some else can do it next time!

I seem to recall you saying removing that diffuser is a ball ache? I think its alright, going to keep the diffuser, mirrors and Grill Chrome!

Ill be doing the front diffuser and then its going to be a runaround, if I go to extents you have (and it looks yummy all the further details and I would love to) I will start getting a bit precious with it, like I have done the Touring!!

Its me all over, get a lou lou, spend some dollar, do it up, make it mint, then don't want to park in anywhere!!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
No the fronts, I’m pretty sure that’s what they are!

ah just checked, they are just trims, but I do have a button that’s looks like a cloud or something that makes the lights add what appears to be a fog light?

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
ah just checked, they are just trims, but I do have a button that’s looks like a cloud or something that makes the lights add what appears to be a fog light?

might be fogs in the main headlight clusters or the switch is for the rears. The strips on the intakes in the front pop out. I wrapped them black and sprayed the whole intake grills gloss black whilst I had the front bumper off for the grill change.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Im not sure what you mean?
Where the lights switch is, there is a rear fog light switch, and a switch with what looks like a cloud on it, it switches on more lights in the headlights and I can only assume they are front fogs!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Hi @moonstone when you put you caliper decals on, did you lacquer over the top?

No. The decal company advise against it and I did it anyway on my RS5. Resulted in the decals curling up at the edges as it reacted with the lacquer. I had to do it again and have avoided lacquering over ever since, but the decals have stood up.